Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded programs deleted

Highlighted
Teacher

Recorded programs deleted

Recorded 5 programs between Tuesday and Wednesday. On Friday, I attempted to play them back and when I clicked on each one to replay, I received a message telling me they were deleted. I did not delete them and they were listed under recorded programs. I am on a 5 day trial and without dependable DVR service, I doubt  Directv Now is for me.

I understand I can record and store up to 20 hours per month. I did not exceed the limit so I am wondering why the recorded programs would become deleted by themselves? Hopefully, someone has some thoughts or suggestions.

Message 1 of 6

Re: Recorded programs deleted

...nothing you did or didn’t do. 

You might just be caught in some system updates and a device permissionable glitch with access that occurred the 10th and 11th. That’s a positive answer, that you could check by accessing using the web app, for verification the recordings are valid. 

But mainly, the DVR is not reliable enough to be out of BETA for 8 months ongoing. 

Message 2 of 6
Teacher

Thanks for the response. I suspected it might be a glitch of some sort which
can be expected in Beta. I like most of the Directv Now format but depend on
the DVR aspect. I guess until the DVR is ready for prime time, I'll have to
stick with cable which I hate to do. Again, thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 6
Scholar

update your streaming device then open the app again and it will work fine and your dvr library will work too. DTVN has been going thru a server update then the regional servers are updating too. This started Thursday. 

Message 4 of 6
Teacher

Thanks for the suggestion. With DTVN's DVR service in BETA, I'm guessing
issues will continue until they feel comfortable enough to release it.

Message 5 of 6
Scholar

Hope it worked for you as a solution. My dvr is working normally.  

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to fix DIRECTV NOW Errors. View DIRECTV NOW Troubleshooting!
Additional Support