Helpful Links

Ok, what's wrong this am?

Highlighted
Mentor

Ok, what's wrong this am?

Half the guide is empty, half the channels missing. Huge lag in guide movement. Restarted tv, deleted app/reinstalled same issue. Just when I thought it was fixed, it ain't.

Message 1 of 25
Mentor

Re: Ok, what's wrong this am?

Same thing on my iPad. 

Message 2 of 25
Teacher

It's working on my laptop, but not on Apple TV, even after restarting twice. Haven't tried on iPhone or iPad.

Message 3 of 25
ACE - Scholar

Just checked on my iPhone - there are a few channels in my favorites list that have blank guide entires and I can't select a live show for them from the guide. The rest of the channels work normally without any sign of problem.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 25
ACE - Scholar

It might be related to the free premium channels promotion for the weekend. The UI seems a bit quirky regarding the free channels, and I'm guessing it might be having an impact across the board with guide-related issues.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 25
Teacher

How can you actually report this to them? There is no phone number to call, and if you call the regular DirecTV number they won't support DirecTV Now. The website refers you to the chat link at the bottom of the page, which isn't there. (There is a blank space where it probably should be.)

Message 6 of 25
Scholar

The DTVN fun continues. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 9.22.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-17 at 9.24.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-17 at 9.24.53 AM.png

Message 7 of 25
Mentor

Wow. I feel bad for people who didn't prepay to get the free Apple TV. At least I have something to show for my money. And also for those of you who cancelled a service to get this. I wanted to try it out to see if it would be a viable option for when I do decide to cut the cord. As of now the answer is a resounding no.

Don't they understand that if there was just a small amount of communication that people would be more understanding of these problems? I just don't get it.
Message 8 of 25
Mentor

Same thing here on all of my devices (Apple TV, fire tv, iPhone, iPad and Mac). I normally use the Apple TV to stream the service but I am unable to select the blank channels that I want to watch unless I selected a available channel somewhere down the line that's not out and swipe left or right til I get to the blank channels I want to watch. Luckily I have a Fire tv as a back up and I am able to select the blank channel that I want to watch without having to swipe left or right to get to my channel. I hope they fix it by this evening. 

Message 9 of 25
Mentor

Don't they have support monitoring the offering? Sounds like their tech support had no idea. Why is there no phone number to call? Not all of us "take part" in social media. I'm not joining twitter just to communicate with ATT. I was a network engineer for 25 years and we never took our eye off the systems. Guess ATT never looks at theirs. 

Message 10 of 25

I have the same problem with channels missing. They know of the problem and I was told they are working on it. They mentioned to try to search for a channel you can't load in your guide. It's a different customer service department. You can only chat your problem with them. It takes a bit to get a representative. This has nothing to do with free channels or being grandfathered, as I'm missing channels too and mine doesn't renew until the first part of March.

Message 11 of 25
Mentor

Spoiler
I tried the search. It worked to a point. Found the program but when I selected it, nothing came on. Just the "extras" screen. 
Message 12 of 25
Tutor

Several channels missing this am. Also.
Very frustrating.
Im done. This forum is clunky as well and the inability to contact ATT with problems and get resolutions is even more frustrating.
Message 13 of 25

Frustration mounts *tapping foot* ... I have one more month to decide if I want to continue this service or go else where.  Right this moment, going back to cable seems to be less of a hassle, paying another online streaming service more for stability seems worth the price.  Don't know, DirecTV Now is just not very impressive so far.  Would like to stay, but would also love to run into fewer of these outages or other common problems that everyone else has been reporting lately.

Message 14 of 25

Right, I notice DirecTV Now has TWITTER feed, but I don't use Twitter and I prefer not to use that service.  I suggest DirecTV Now to offer outages and postings of immediate issues either on the forum or ALL other social services.  Or just have a contact phone number.  I will cancel this service before I join Twitter.  

Message 15 of 25
Share this topic
Announcements

CBS, CW, Showtime, PopTV - all coming soon to DIRECTV NOW. Learn More! Official Press Release.

AUDIENCE Network’s Mr. Mercedes pilot episodes available for free. Access Here!

Additional Support