Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No sound on some Channels with DirecTV Now app on Samsung Smart TV

Highlighted
Mentor

No sound on some Channels with DirecTV Now app on Samsung Smart TV

Some channels have sound, some channels do not. I have tried all the fixes listed in suggestions at this site including reinstalling the DirecTV Now app several times. It is not possible to delete it from what I can tell from the Samsung Smart TV. I suspect it is the DirecTV Now app that has been utilized for Samsung smart TVs. Unfortunately I just signed up for 3 months of Direcctv now and I'm stuck with it for 3 months. I can't listen to CNN, NBC and several other channels. 

Message 1 of 177
Tutor

Re: No sound on some Channels with DirecTV Now app on Samsung Smart TV

I’m experiencing the exact same thing with my Samsung TV. It’s not the TV, it’s the app on the tv. It’s very frustrating that some channels are muted and others have sound. There seems to be no way to change this via the app. 

Message 2 of 177
ACE - Master

Make sure Dolby is disabled, DTVN does not support it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 177
Mentor

Thank you for the suggestion. I disabled Dolby, by changing it to PCM and then reinstalled the app and still there's no sound on the same channels.

Message 4 of 177
Mentor

Anyone from DTVN technical employees care to respond? I appreciate the community input but I'm paying money to AT&T and I can't use the service. Anyone out there that is an employee? Any hotfixes in the works? There are multiple people having system problems as I am especially with no sound on several channels for the recently-released Samsung smart TV app for dtvn.

Message 5 of 177
ACE - Expert

No support personnel located here. Only other users like yourself with an occasional admin passing by. Report it to the support reps using the chat. That's all you got. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 177
Tutor

I have the same problem.  Tried the chat session looking for a fix.  They said they would open a ticket and fix on with a "server update" and I would be notified by email when it was fixed.  That was 2 days ago.  I'll post an update if they notify that its fixed.

Message 7 of 177

** IN the Fire TV settings **

Display and sounds

Audio

Dolby Digital out

Set it to the top option (Dolby Digital Plus Automatic)

Restart Fire TV

Worked for me.

Message 8 of 177
Contributor

I just purchased a Samsung QLED Smart TV the DirecTV Now app is pre-installed and like everyone on this thread I have no sound on my local channels NBC ABC AND CBS. I have no sound on the majority of the channels that I enjoy watching. I reached out to Samsung - they removed the app, re-installed and still no sound.  Can someone with AT&T please please help

Message 9 of 177

go here -

** IN the Fire TV settings **

Display and sounds

Audio

Dolby Digital out

Set it to the top option (Dolby Digital Plus Automatic)

Restart Fire TV

Worked for me.
Message 10 of 177
Contributor

I’m not using a fire stick. I’m using the Directv Now App that’s on my TV
Message 11 of 177
Tutor

My issue was fixed a few weeks ago.  I’m not sure how or by who. But all of my channels now have sound. 

Message 12 of 177
Voyager

Thedondc, what is the Samsung beta DirecTV Now app version showing on your TV?

Message 13 of 177
Contributor

DirecTV Now Beta 1.4 the last update 8/1/2018

Message 14 of 177
Contributor

I'm also using a Samsung Q6fn QLED TV and I'm not getting sound on the NFL Network. I haven't tried all the channels but NFL Network is being affected. I'm using DirectvNow Beta app verson 1.5.xxx. I'm getting sound when I use my phone app as well as on my Surface Pro. Not sure what's going on ATT. please fix this as this appears to users who are affected with no sound issues - across various stations.  

Message 15 of 177
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support