Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Loss of local channels

Highlighted
Contributor

Loss of local channels

what is the owner of this program doesnt allow it to be streamed to your location?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Loss of local channels

Depends. What are you watching and on what network? Can you view other content from that network?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

I spoke to someone yesterday and he said he was requesting a fix for this. We have always been able to get the Boston ABC as well as the New Hampshire ABC (WMUR). All of a sudden, it's gone! Now we get Florida ABC. The person I spoke to yesterday said it's a problem with ABC. He would fix it and we would not have any more trouble! The account is under Susan Rhodes. Srhodes129@yahoo.com.Thanks!June
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Message 3 of 8
Voyager

Until last Friday, I was getting all local channels on my 2 Roku streamed TVs in my home.   Something happened and I was required to enter my user I'd and password to access Directv Now.  When I did this all local channels were lost.  I tried rebooting modem, deleting and reloading DTN, even did a factory reset of Roku.  I have had several live chats and received their promises of fixes.  I can get local channels on my  Samsung tablet's DTN app and stream them to my Samsung TV so there is no issue with internet geo.  I also have a rental house 2 houses down, with TCL Roku TVs and get the local channels with DTN. I have streamed to a local channel on DTN at the rent house and then gone back 2 houses to my main house and fired up DTN and it tries to connect to the local channel but briefly displays the "this does not work in this area" message.  Anyone figured this out yet.  I am about to pull the plug on DTN.  I am an ATT shareholder so I want to use DTN.  May sell the shares if DTN does not work and support is terrible.

Message 4 of 8

Well at last resort, one can take a 7 day free trial under a different email. See if the new account restores the locals. 

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

I have a similar issue.  I do not receive my local CBS or ABC channels.  I stream using am Amazon Firestick.  Directv now said that my IP address zip code did not match my billing address zip code.  I checked for router firmware updates and talked to tech support with my internet service provider and everything matches.  I talked to directv now support again and they said that they would fix the issue and promised to expedite my problem since it was a rare one.  As far as I know, everything is correct on my end and my internet provider's end.  I even purchased a Roku and it still doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

Message 6 of 8

Are your channels working yet? I still don’t have them. 

Message 7 of 8
Voyager

Still no local channels on Roku Samsung connection. I get error that location does not support locals. Samsung Tablet that is on same network as Roku and Samsung TV gets locals so I am streaming Tablet to Samsung TV as a workaround to get locals on TV. Two houses down with same CenturyLink broadband but TCL Roku TVs gets locals. This issue is very upsetting but DirecTV Now does not take the issue seriously. I am trying Hulu next week.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to fix DIRECTV NOW Errors. View DIRECTV NOW Troubleshooting!
Additional Support