Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Locked out after upgrade

Tutor

Locked out after upgrade

After updating app on Apple TV I can’t access account.  

Error code205.16

Message 4 of 150
Tutor

Re: App won’t work on my iPhone 8 since update

I've noticed this an issue with the latest update too. I can no longer watch DIRECT TV NOW through  my iPhone. My wife has the previous version and it works just fine. The new update breaks chrome-cast support. The browser on my PC can no longer stream from the site either. Tried Firefox & Chrome Smiley Sad

Message 31 of 150
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎05-22-2018 2:35 PM

Re: Locked out after upgrade

Okay what you need to do to fix the issue. This is how I fixed mine.

1. I went to the link that was displayed after the unsuccessful log in on the apple TV.

2. Logged in again using the same ID and password

3. This takes you to an AT&T page

4. You will see a create new ID just below the page saying request password or username.

5. Click on the create new ID page.

6. Create a new user ID and password and then go back to the Apple TV and log in again with the new user ID and password. That should work.

Tags (1)
Message 32 of 150
Tutor

Re: Not working after latest update

I've got the same problem. 

Message 33 of 150
Contributor

I'm locked out.  Put in correct pws several times...never worked...very frustrating.  called ATT...on phone for long time, no solution...said I have to CHAT with dtvnow...been waiting in chat forever!  no help...no solution...no tv!!!

Message 34 of 150
Tutor

New DTV Now app not working on AppleTV and Iphone

Was very excited to use the new DTV-Now 2.0 App.  Sadly, not getting any TV on AppleTV and iPhone.  Get this error message # 3001-015.  "This program is not available in your current location.  Please select something else to watch"

What's up with this?  Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Message 35 of 150
Tutor

Re: New DTV Now app not working on AppleTV and Iphone

Same issue with me.  The old app still works on my other Apple TV's but my one was updated and I cannot log in.  My ROKU's which I keep as back-up works fine with the exception that local channels have no disappeared.

Message 36 of 150
Tutor

Agree.  This is typical AT&T.  Sad

Message 37 of 150
Tutor

Re: New DTV Now app not working on AppleTV and Iphone

UPDATE --

After waiting for an agent for more than 30 minutes, I chatted with DTV-Now support who told me the following:

We are facing the issue from last night.

It was a ongoing issue for all the customers who having DIRECTVNOW services

Many of the customers are reaching us out regarding the same issue and we have already escalated it.

Please be rest assured, it will be resumed pretty soon.

We are continuously working to improve our product and have a number of improvements in the works!

While testing it was worked fine, After releasing it was huge issue for all the customers

At this point of time, We need your support

Our technical team is trying to fix it   Mostly it takes 24 hours for sure

UPDATE ON ETA  - By tomorrow by the end of the day . All the customers are able to stream the services.  For sure, at least 24 hours.

I requested a credit for the disruption in services and after some back and forth they gave me a $10 credit against my next bill.

Message 38 of 150
Tutor

Re: App won’t work on my iPhone 8 since update

Hopefully they get it figured out soon.
Message 39 of 150
Contributor

I followed someone else’s advice and it worked. I logged in to my account on a desktop. Clicked on profile, click on user id edit, added 2 security question answers and changed my ID.

As soon as I changed my user id - I was able to log in with no problem. Hope this helps someone else.

Message 40 of 150

Where do you even see create new ID? I do not see that option.  I only get the accounts overview page.  Please help if you get this

Message 41 of 150
Contributor

I followed JN132's advice and it also worked for me.

I followed someone else’s advice and it worked. I logged in to my account on a desktop. Clicked on profile, click on user id edit, added 2 security question answers and changed my ID.

As soon as I changed my user id - I was able to log in with no problem. Hope this helps someone else.

Message 42 of 150
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎05-16-2018 10:52 AM

For login and sign-in issues with the new TV experience, first make sure you’re using the correct Access ID, follow the steps in Forgot Password.

Done that? But, get an invalid ID error – you can login to att.com but not directvnow.com with the same Access ID & Password. For this you need to Change your Access ID.

If you’re having any of the issues below, reach out to our team to look into your account specifically:

• I have other AT&T Services that use the same e-mail?
  • I login and only seeing HBO, I only see my plan without my HBO, or I don’t see any channels at all?
  • I normally have all channels but I’m not seeing any of them. I’m using the DIRECTV NOW e-mail I’ve always used?

-DIRECTVNOWCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 43 of 150
Teacher

The problem for some of us is, we can't even sign into the web interface. As soon as we enter our previously working DirecTV NOW user IDs, we're sent to a page that displays "Bad Request" and we can go no further.

Message 44 of 150
Teacher

The most important thing is for them to change the name ID. The problem is, the new upgrade does not accept certain symbols for password that the person was using previously, therefore the person has to change the NAME ID and create a new password which is accepted for it to work.

Changing the name/log on ID is the key.

Message 45 of 150
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support