Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is anyone else missing channels after latest APP UPDATE

Teacher

Is anyone else missing channels after latest APP UPDATE

Since the latest APP UDATE we are missing channels, such as the WEATHER CHANNEL, that is part of our package.

I have reported this and was assured that it would be "handled" in 24 hours. This deadline has passed, so now I am paying for channels that are not available.

Is this just happening to us, or is it more wide spread?

Message 1 of 20
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by alatarus
‎05-26-2018 8:29 AM

Re: Is anyone else missing channels after latest APP UPDATE

Did you check in the “T”s in the guide?

For some reason its in the T’s and not under W.

0B48202C-D5E0-4CF5-B432-DC1DEA0C81EB.jpeg

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 20
Teacher

Ok, now I just feel REALLY DUMB....

I was just so used to seeing that and WEATHERNATION together, that I didn't go searching....

Thanks for such an easy fix....

Message 3 of 20
ACE - Professor

@alatarus

Your not dumb someone from Directvnow is. Me and many others have had the same issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want a credit. Don’t make me go back to Cox

Message 5 of 20
ACE - Expert

Chat with a rep for credit. None from here.

Message 6 of 20

I'm  missing all local channels since recent app update. I've chatted 5 times and got 5 different answers/fixes, none of which worked. I received a full $35credit for the month, but if I don't get locals back, I'm moving to youtube tv.

Message 7 of 20
Contributor

When I signed up for DirectTvNow, I was getting our local channels. A week or two later when the update was done, I stopped receiving them. That’s one of the reasons I signed up for this service. Might have to start looking for something else.

Message 8 of 20

Yea, I'm also missing all local channels. All apple devices seem to work just fine. It's affecting my household's android devices and amazon fire tv. I'm with you. I'm going to youtube tv, or rather going to try their 1 week free trial and see how it goes, but it seems like it has nothing but praise in its stability.

Message 9 of 20
Tutor

What phone numbers are you using?  I can't even find contact info

Message 10 of 20
Tutor

There are no phone numbers only online support chat with anyone from who knows where in the world.  I'm missing my regional sports networks or when they are there I can't watch them because supposedly they are blacked out in my area.  Never had that issue until this last update.  I've "talked" to support til I'm blue in the face and get more runarounds and promises to fix it then I can count on both hands, feet, and any extra appendages I can use to count with.  The Twitter channel for help is a joke in and of itself.  They keep sending me a like to check and compare packages.  I know what I signed up for and pay for and what channels I should get, stop telling me to check it every time I ask for help.  

Seriously, looking elsewhere for service, I may lose some channels and stuff but something has to be a little better than this.

Message 11 of 20
ACE - Expert

Can't find contact info? Have you looked at the bottom of this page? Contact us?

Message 12 of 20
Tutor

Yes I have looked at the bottom.  It says there is no customer service for DirectTVNow.  I'm beginning to think I bought the wrong service and might soon want my money back it this is how it all works.

Message 13 of 20
ACE - Expert

Are you serious? Follow the links: Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. Here is your chat.

Chat_10172018.JPG

Message 14 of 20
Tutor

Thank you.  i'm feeling your pain.  I just signed up last week and then upgraded my package. They have charged me for the upgrade but i'm not seeing the channels.  This may be a one time experiment for us.  It's been tough enough convincing my husband to give up some sports channels, but this is just wasting money.

Message 15 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support