Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do i access chat?

Scholar

How do i access chat?

Thanks for the tip to chat with a rep...how does one do such activity?

Message 1 of 10
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Rectanglebox
‎01-06-2018 8:10 AM

Re: How do i access chat?

Go here

Chat at bottom, 3rd button.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Scholar

Thank-you. Unfortunately, chat is not presently an option on that page.
Message 3 of 10
Master

It is there. Try to select in the vacant spot. For some reason you have something that is preventing it from loading.

Chat_1.JPG

Message 4 of 10
Scholar

Thanks. Probably this Samsung browser.

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Master

Likely - both the DirecTV Now service and some other features (like the support chat) make use of browser features that are not supported (or at least supported adequately) in "alternative" browsers.  Chrome on PCs (and maybe Macs) is likely the most reliable, with Safari on Macs next best (and all that work for streaming from the website).  Chrome on Android (and maybe iOS) and Safari on iOS are possibilities for chat.  Other browsers might work for chat, but I wouldn't count on it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10

let's see - not there with the microsoft browser (Windows 10), the Chrome browser or the Firefox browser (both latest).  I think it isn't there. 

Message 7 of 10
Contributor

No chat button how do I chat PLEASE 

Message 8 of 10
Master

Chat is available. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If fails then try running in (incognito mode. The reason you do not see the icon is due to some extension, program, or blocker preventing the icon from appearing.

Chat_07252018.JPG

Message 9 of 10
Tutor

And make sure you are scrolling all of the way to the bottom of the screen.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support