Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Having Trouble with your DIRECTV NOW Stream?

Community Support

Having Trouble with your DIRECTV NOW Stream?

Streaming title.jpg

Let’s be real. Everyone is cutting the cord and streaming content these days. It is becoming a big part of our digital lives! If this is you, we want to share a few things with you that will improve your DIRECTV NOW streaming experience.

Connection Speeds

• An internet speed of at least 6 mbps is recommended for streaming content. Click here for more information.
  • If you are experiencing intermittent streams, you can run a speed test to get more information on your connection
  • Test hardwired if possible: This will get you a more “true” test result since hardwired is less susceptible to interferences. Your speed test should match up with your internet plan.
  • Test your distance: Wireless weakens over distance. Test in different parts of your home.
  • Test with a single active device: Extra devices consume the shared bandwidth.
  • Test each device: Not all devices operate the same, so testing one device at a time can show differences in connectivity.

Improve the Stream

If connecting wireless, there are several things that can be done to improve the signal, such as:

• Changing the Wireless Channel: If you have AT&T Internet, check out how to change your Wireless Channel for NVG/Motorola and 2Wire/Pace)
  • Removing Environmental Interference: Speakers and other electronics can impact speeds. Take a look at this graphic for more information.
  • Reducing the number of devices: The more devices connected, the slower speeds can be.
  • Updating your plan: Have extra bandwidth to compensate for X-factors (additional devices, streams requiring more bandwidth). If you have AT&T service, log into your account at att.com to see what upgrades are available!

Tips to Speed up your Equipment

• Scan for viruses.
  • Close all programs you are not using.
  • Clear your browser’s cache/cookies.
  • Make sure the Network Adapter is functioning properly (updated drivers).
  • Disable hardware acceleration for older computers/internet devices.
  • Reduce internet device's memory usage to have memory available for streaming.
  • Disable firewalls.

Happy Streaming!!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 165
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by DIRECTVNOWCare
‎11-30-2016 5:37 AM

Re: Having Trouble with your DIRECTV NOW Stream?

Having trouble streaming DIRECTVNOW content? Is it cutting in and out? How about buffering? Check out our helpful hints on ways to improve your experience!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 165
Teacher

The problem is error 60 keeps coming up, but I am only playing one device.  

Message 3 of 165

I have 60mbps down and 30 up.  My connection is solid and my android app gets error 40 after 5 to 10 min.  laptop stream on chrome is perfect, wired and wireless. android error 40 occurs on wifi and at&t 4g lte 4 bars .  I think you guys need some tweeking of the app for android or something.  

Message 4 of 165
Scholar

none of these are issues I am experiencing .. error 40 .. stream just stops and you have to press refresh to restart it .. sometime that wont even fix it ....  PS Vue is running just fine ! even on the same channel ..  

Message 5 of 165
Teacher

I also have problems with Error 60 on my Apple TV4 and iPhone 6s, and I am having problems with Error 40 on my Mac running Chrome.  Same channels on SlingTV on the same devices do not have this issue.

Message 6 of 165
Teacher

I also have been having problems with Error 6 while using only 1 stream on attempts with my Apple TV4 and iPhone 6s.  I have also had problems with Error 40 from time to time on my Mac running Chrome from time to time as well.  My Apple TV4 running SlingTV has not had these issues so far.

Message 7 of 165
Mentor

Streaming Error 60 on Apple TV like every single Apple TV user. 

Restarted. Logged out. Logged in. What a mess. I paid for 3 months, not a beta.

Message 8 of 165
Community Support

Hi all,

Just a reminder, you only have 2 streams to use. If you attempt to use more than 2 devices or instances, you will see this error. If you are only using one device and seeing the error, there is a known issue and we are working on it,

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Message 9 of 165

Directv Now Support,

I think what we are saying is that we are encountering error 60 while having only 1 stream which is within the tolerance. It is not what you are saying that we are streaming more than 2 devices. So please look into this matter as most of us are seeing this error without even streaming on 2 devices.

I've also been trying to reach a chat agent all day and its always busy. Directv Now is having a real customer service issue.

Please reply 

Message 10 of 165
Highlighted
Mentor

Directv support is trying to make it look like user error, I guess.

Message 11 of 165
Mentor

DirectTV support is also marking their canned post as a solution, when it offer no help at all to anyone. It solves nothing and is self-serving.

Message 12 of 165
Mentor

Just a reminder, we thought your app would work.  It is horrible.

Message 13 of 165
Teacher

Why is it limited to two streams? Even PlayStation Vue allows five streams. Do you want to compete or just exist?
Message 14 of 165
Mentor

They can't even make one stream work and you want 5?  

Message 15 of 165
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support