Helpful Links

Has anyone been able to watch live television?

Contributor

Has anyone been able to watch live television?

I am unable to watch live shows on any of the channels in my subscription on my desktop pc. Programs consistenly fail to load and I eventually receive an error message:

STARZ East failed to load. Restart the app and launch your content again.
Or view Help Center article Error 40

My pc is running Windows 10 64 bit, drivers all up to date, uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome, disabled extentions and antivirus software,verified adobe flash is enabled, and followed all recommendations in the Help Center article. I have tried refreshing the page multiple times but the page will not load. My internet speed is well above the minimum requirement of 12MB, it is currently 65MB. There isn't a Windows app, only Apple and Google Play. I tried using Bluestacks (Android Emulator) but the videos will not play because of managed content restrictions. Has anyone had a similar issue? 

Message 1 of 26
Tutor

Re: Has anyone been able to watch live television?

Nope not available to watch, nothing works with ATT, it is pure B-S what they are selling

Message 16 of 26
ACE - Master

I've had no particular problems.  Are you actually using DirecTV Now (which is what this thread and forum are about) or DirecTV?  I ask because while the mentions of "relay points" in your post don't really mean anything, you mention Flash, which is used the DTV Windows viewer, but not in the DTVN viewer.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 26
Tutor

Just regurgitating what the tech said, not my words, glad you have no problems, but when you do, I’m sure your demeanor will change.
Message 18 of 26
Contributor

Direct TV is the worst. Have had it for 6 months and terrible service, connection issues, can't watch on computer or other devices, multiple service calls and wasted time. Makes me miss Xfinity.

Message 19 of 26
Tutor

That was not the solution I pressed solved by mistake.

Message 20 of 26
Contributor

Wow! I was just looking for Hallmark Drama. Guess it doesn't exist, and a lot of you guys are faced with some messy issues.  I think I'll just leave my plan as it is, and be quiet. No fancy stuff. I just have the baby plan. No dish. No frills. 

Message 21 of 26
Contributor

Also, in case ATT is paying attention, fix this stuff, or I (we) will keep my money in my pocket. No one wants to pay to be frustrated. 

Message 22 of 26
ACE - Master

As best anyone can tell, Hallmark Drama is on very few carriers (if any) right now.  The Hallmark Channel website channel "locator" indicates that none of the (major) national carriers have Drama, and checking a dozen zip codes (from my contacts, scattered around the country, most but not all in or near metropolitan areas) none had it on any carrier.

As far as problems on DTVN - it varies.  Some people apparently have significant problems with all the features, while others have far fewer.  I personally have few problems with live streams (about on par with my previous cable service), have about the same for on-demand, but often have problems with the time shifting features (72 Hour Rewind and Restart).  I have hopes that my remaining issues will be largely resolved when the new version (with DVR and new UI) launches in the next couple of months - we will see.  (Note that at least one of the people above reporting major problems apparently has DTV (satellite service), not DTVN, which is a completely separate and unrelated service.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 26
Contributor

Hi I am trying to find out about the WALMART`S 80% Discount been cancel with AT&T can anyone let mem know whats going on.

Message 24 of 26
Master

For what? 

Message 25 of 26
Highlighted
Scholar

All of the streaming services seem to have their own issues from time to time so it is not unique to DirectTV Now,  personally for me I don’t have too many major issues, I may get buffering issues on occasion but in general it works fairly well for me.

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Announcements

Premiering 1.18.18, Spike will become Paramount Network – so be sure to search under “P” (not “S”) on your channel guide for your Paramount premium-quality scripted series.

Sportsman Channel is now available on DIRECTV NOW, as of 1.9.18, for Go Big and Gotta Have It packages.

Access to the Showtime Anytime site + app is now available, as of 12.14.17, using your DIRECTV NOW credentials.

Additional Support