Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Has anyone been able to watch live television?

Highlighted
Contributor

Has anyone been able to watch live television?

I am unable to watch live shows on any of the channels in my subscription on my desktop pc. Programs consistenly fail to load and I eventually receive an error message:

STARZ East failed to load. Restart the app and launch your content again.
Or view Help Center article Error 40

My pc is running Windows 10 64 bit, drivers all up to date, uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome, disabled extentions and antivirus software,verified adobe flash is enabled, and followed all recommendations in the Help Center article. I have tried refreshing the page multiple times but the page will not load. My internet speed is well above the minimum requirement of 12MB, it is currently 65MB. There isn't a Windows app, only Apple and Google Play. I tried using Bluestacks (Android Emulator) but the videos will not play because of managed content restrictions. Has anyone had a similar issue? 

Message 1 of 26
Master

Re: Has anyone been able to watch live television?

Just checked and everything is fine here. Watching NCAA game on ESPN.

Message 2 of 26
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ilioi4
‎09-08-2017 8:05 PM

I see you are receiving the error 40 message. Make sure your time is set correctly on your computer. Go to https://www.time.gov/ and match your windows time to that, down to the second. That fixed the error 40's for a few others using Chrome.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 26
Contributor

That was it! Thank you!

Message 4 of 26
Contributor

How do i aply
Message 5 of 26
Tutor

Did you ever get this issue resolved. I am also trying to reach escalation regarding a large refund. 

You our should not be liable for the extent of a misrepresented contract. There's a law that also protects consumers against oral contracts. If the product sold was a direct tv product, then direct tv is liable. I would take them to small claims court. You are in the right.  Also regarding the comment that lots of people know direct tv doesn't have Indian channels is idiotic.  It's like telling you being rap ed is your fault, and direct tv is doing just that to its customers. 

Last week, I called regarding an issue, a few days later I notice I had premium channels so when I called again to discuss the unresolved issue, I was told that the previous agent added a 2 for one offer onto my account. Um, heck no, I did not even discuss such a thing. They are doing the same same Wells Fargo did to their customers. Adding stuff to your account and hoping you don't notice. I call B. S.! 

Some spelling needed to be changed because it was considered "bad words". 

Message 6 of 26
ACE - Master

I have no idea what topic in which forum you thought you were responding to, but it sure wasn’t this one...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 26
Tutor

Well at least somebody listened. Sorry about that! I just want to fix this....😥

Message 8 of 26
ACE - Master

If you have DirecTV (satellite service) - or some issue related to that - you'll need to post to one of the DirecTV forums.  This forum is for DirecTV Now (streaming service) - completely unrelated, and no one here will be able to help you with DirecTV issues.  Of course, since the forums are just other customers, it's unlikely that you'll get any help in the forums with billing type issues.  Sorry.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 26
Contributor

Helpful would be give us the "dang it Salley" channel number!  Doesn't AT&T own Direct TV now?  Assign a channel.  Are you on the Trump Team or something?

Message 10 of 26
Contributor

What is the channel number for the new Hallmark Drama Channel?  

Message 11 of 26
ACE - Professor

Why would I want channel numbers?

Network names is much easier to find.

Message 12 of 26
Master

Not available for DirecTV Now.

Message 13 of 26
ACE - Master

Pretty sure that the poster asking about channel numbers and Hallmark Drama has DTV, not DTVN.

And channel numbers or something similar would be useful for jumping directly to a desired channel (saving time from scrolling through the guide), provided that the viewing device - or more precisely its (remote) control - has some way to quickly enter the number.  Unfortunately, most of the controls lack a numeric pad or anything similar.  Some devices can bring up a virtual pad - on the device itself for mobile devices, on the screen for TV devices - but the steps needed to get to it and use it would probably negate its usefulness for "quick" navigation.  Third party remotes usually have a keypad, but it's not clear that adding a feature that is only useful if the customer has a third party remote makes sense.

Message 14 of 26
Tutor

Apparently this is a back end issue with ATT systems. Was told this was getting fixed as we speak and large portion if not everyone is experiencing this. They don't really know what the problem is, it appears to be related to relay communication points from your home equipment, which is a joke because you can self test your home out-bound signal. You can load all the flash system upgrades, log out and back in and still nothing. Tech service will tell you they have reset your home system to clear the relay but that does not work either. 

GET IT FIXED ATT!! 

Message 15 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support