Explore & discover

Helpful Links

FIRESTICK is not working properly on DIRECTV NOW....

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Highlighted
Tutor

FIRESTICK is not working properly on DIRECTV NOW....

This is very frustrating to say the least.....Constant error messages....failure to load, not subscribed etc...Firestick also works poorly on VUE....I use my iphone 6 for Directv Now and works perfect. 

Message 6 of 52
Teacher

Not working on Amazon FireStick

After going thru all the troubleshooting, I still have the same problem.  After signing in, the screen just goes blank.

Amazon says its not there issue.

Message 1 of 52
Tutor

Directv Now on firestick

Directv now app is times out and won't let me log in on my firestick, any suggestions?

Message 2 of 52
LBB
Mentor

Re: Directv Now on firestick

I am having the same issue on a Fire TV (not stick). Also, the picture will freeze after 5 seconds,  and I am having no issues with my internet service as Netflix works fine. Everytime I exit and come back to the app, I have to log  back in.

Message 3 of 52
Tutor

I having same issue, I forgot that i have the Fire TV at my room, so that been said my issue is also in the Fire TV will check on firestick to see if I'm able to connect in it. 

Message 4 of 52
Tutor

Problem resolved, type my hole email, did not used use the .com, .net, etc.   I was able to link my account in both FireTV, and FireStick.  Great app really satisfy!!!

Tags (3)
Message 5 of 52
LBB
Mentor

I will try that when I get a chance, thank you.

Message 7 of 52
Community Support

Re: FIRESTICK is not working properly on DIRECTV NOW....

Hi @lawrenceA,

Check out this article, it may help. If not, we will be keeping an eye on this thread.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 52
Community Support

Hi @oxfuentes,

Can you clarify your resolution steps? You used you entire minus the .com? (i.e. john@gmail )

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 52
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎12-02-2016 9:23 AM

Hi,
Do not use the; .net, .com, that appear on the keyboard on screen when typing credentials on app, type the email address completely.  I'm guessing those links in the keyboard are corrupted or bad coding, it would make the app to timeout.
Message 10 of 52

My fiestick keeps buffering every 30 seconds hope thisis resolved soon

Message 11 of 52
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by lawrenceA
‎12-06-2016 1:04 PM

Re: Not working on Amazon FireStick

Try this.  It worked for me.  Delete the DirecTV app from the Fire TV using the settings menu.  Then look in the settings for a menu pick to re-start your Fire TV.  It will take a minute or two.  Go to Amazon and download the latest DirecTV Now app from the Amazon page.  Go back to your Fire TV settings and find the "Sync with Amazon" setting.  The DirecTV Now app should appear on your home page on Fire TV.  The sign in procedure then worked for me.  I have been able to watch on my Fire TV with only very minor rare buffering issues.  (I have a very fast internet connection.)  

It would seem that some tech people at DirecTV Now should have figured this out before launch.  Instead it took me four frustrating days to figure it out.  They should be paying me for tech support.  Hope this works for some.

Message 12 of 52
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by lawrenceA
‎12-06-2016 1:04 PM

@Recon1 — in addition to your instructions, I also did the following steps on the Fire TV stick: 

Settings > Display&Sounds> Display: 720p
Settings > Display&Sounds > Audio: Dolby Digital Plus OFF

I've noticed a significant improvement in performance and it eliminated the buffering issues while on two Fire TV sticks generation 1 on two TVs.

Message 13 of 52
Scholar

That is a great work around, but not a fix.  Those settings work fine when streaming with PS Vue .. Still it is a starting point but not a fix !

Message 14 of 52
Tutor

Thanks, will try this.

Message 15 of 52
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support