Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error Code 60 - more than 2 TV's streaming

Highlighted
Tutor

Error Code 60 - more than 2 TV's streaming

I have 3 TV's total. Only 1, the furthest from the router, is turned on. I get error code 60. I chatted with DTVN yesterday and they could not solve the problem. They would have to send it up to the Internal Programming Team. Has anyone had this problem and diagnosed it ?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Error Code 60 - more than 2 TV's streaming

Reboot the devices at the other locations and see if it clears. TV's may be on but the device may not be at the home screen, etc.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
ACE - Master

What sort of streaming devices do you have?  And note that for the most part, it is the (connected) state of the streaming device, not the (on/off) state of the TV that matters from an active stream count point of view.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9
Tutor

I have a Roku Streaming Stick on each TV. I am not streaming on any cell phone, PC or tablet at the same time.

@bcbsncjlj Do you mean remove the power from the Roku Stick and reapply power ? Or, go to the Roku home page at each TV ?

Message 4 of 9
ACE - Master

When you stop watching on a TV, do you exit the DTVN app or just turn off the TV?  I don't know if the Roku is smart enough to exit apps when it sees the TV turn off (assuming you are connected by HDMI - if not, it won't even know that the TV was turned off).

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

We have just turned the TV off. Now I'm thinking we should return to the ROKU home page. That may be glitching the system. 

Message 6 of 9
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Dave_usp
‎07-22-2017 5:10 PM

Going to Roku Home Page vs. just turning off TV after watching Direct TV Now. Seems to be the fix. 

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 9
ACE - Expert

Glad you resolved.

Message 8 of 9
Teacher

I'm not resolved, I Have Amazon fire Stick.  Erro.r 60 is getting on my nerves and so is the problem with no CC on CBS.  Why don't you fix these problems instead of having us jump through hoops like trained seals?

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support