Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Now constantly freezing and issues with Error code (QP1502)

Mentor

Directv Now constantly freezing and issues with Error code (QP1502)

At around 5:30 PM yesterday, only had Directv Now for a day, We were contantly having freezing and receiving error code (QP1502) while streaming with our Apple TV, which is wired to the router.  It was unwatchable.

Message 75 of 841
Tutor

Re: Directv Now constantly freezing and issues with Error code (QP1502)

So I thought I would share my experience with you all... I was having the same issues as everyone else on the Apple TV. The dreaded QP1502 error every 5 seconds. I have uverse 12 mbps Internet. I thought it was the wireless connection that was not working properly. The gateway is downstairs and the Apple Tv is upstairs. I tried everything I read on these forums. I set dns on apple tv to Google. That didn't help. Uverse doesn't allow you to change the Qos. So instead I started playing around with the settings for the wireless. I set a fixed ip for the apple tv from the IP Address Allocation setting. I chose any ip that wasn't in use. I also had a uverse receiver right next to the the apple tv. I got rid of the receiver so that it doesn't interfere with the transmission of wifi. This seemed to help. I am not getting the dreaded error message like I was. I got it I think maybe twice, the entire day today. It has been great being able to watch a full show without having to change/reset the channel every 5 seconds! So my suggestion is, if you have the apple tv really close to wireless speakers, dvd player, stereo, uverse receiver, etc. move it far away from those electronics and also try the ip allocation from the http://192.168.1.254/ (if you have uverse internet)...hope that helps some of you!

Message 196 of 841
Tutor

I'm having the opposite issue.  The app on both of my Fire TV's have been crashing about 5 seconds when you try to open it.  I'm going on day 3 of not being able to watch on my Fire TV.  however, I signed up for 3 months worth of service and hooked up the free Apple TV last night.  So far so far with that device.  I've chatted with DTV Now and they are confirming it's a known issue with the FIre TV, but couldn't provide any further details.  My case has supposedly been escalated and I should hear something back by Wednesday.  Now, it only took 4 chats to DTV Now to get this info as the other 3 calls were useless.

Message 197 of 841
Tutor

Dear Mr. Stanley:

if you or your DRs read this. Please fix this freeze issue. It is not watchable. I am watching MNF and Directv now freezes every 2 minutes with error code. I switched to watchESPN app and it worked flawlessly. So the issue is with AT&T. Please step up and take care of your customers.

Message 198 of 841
Contributor

QP1502

I am constantly getting error message QP1502. Every 10 minutes or so and sometimes less I have to restart the app. This is unacceptable!!! Should have not put this service out if you didn't work out the most basic issues. I understand that there will be bugs but this has been happening since day 1 of the service. Fix it and fix it quickly or I and probably many other will be forced to your competitors.
Message 199 of 841
Highlighted
Contributor

It's also fraud

Message 200 of 841
Teacher

It is a pain, I figured out that swiping left or right will move you to the next or previous channel.  Then you can swipe back and the show you want will restart.  I still get only a few minutes at a time before I have to do this again.

Message 201 of 841
Contributor

Vue was horrible for me. It would freeze every few minutes, football was unwatchable, dvr was only upside.

Message 202 of 841
Mentor

Persistent QP1502 errors on all of my devices

Why is this happening to the point that I am unable to watch your service on my cell or Apple TV? It is super frustrating. I have 80mbps througput and 12 ms Direct connected. I also have a remaining sling account and it doesn't have these issues nor doe Netflix or Vudu. Any plans of comping customers for wasted time (extra month at no cost etc )?
Message 203 of 841
Mentor

I see 64 responses and several post like this one. Including the one I posted. I don't have time to read them all. Has Direct TV now responded? Had technical support reached out to anyone to reproduce the issue or collect debug logs from devices?
Message 204 of 841
Tutor

I have an open case with DTV Now, but haven't heard back from anybody. I have also asked DTV Now and Amazon how to grab the log files and nobody seems to know.
Message 205 of 841
Teacher

Re: Persistent QP1502 errors on all of my devices

I will add a little of my experiences.    IOS and Amazon Firestick works fine.  Once in a while it drops/hangs/takes a min to get started/ but they work  more or less ok.  

Apple TV is a different story.    It was working fine for me until I applied the first upgrade to 1.01 and then I got no picture any more.  Sometimes sound sometimes nothing.  Other apps worked fine.  After wasting a lot of time, I finally reset the appletv to factory and and updated the os load.  Then I reinstalled the DTVN app and that got it back to working.   It still seems to have more drops and other issues than the other devices.   Main problem now is that about half the time when you start up the app it gives no picture until you go to the guide and pick a channel a second time and then everythign works.  First time you pick a channel after startup it gives a blank page, but not everytime. 

Message 206 of 841
Scholar

File a FCC complaint like I did.

Message 207 of 841
Teacher

Re: Persistent QP1502 errors on all of my devices

Same error here. Was good for about 20 minutes and then got qp1502 error. Now I can't wat h for more than 5 minutes without error.

Message 208 of 841
Tutor

Just filed a complaint with the FCC.

Message 209 of 841
Tutor

I open a case with DTVNow, case 741220754966184886.  They promissed to escalate; no such, no hear from them. I am experiencing contstant freezing.  I have an Amazon FireTV. Perhaps is just a glitch on that device only.  What about your experienes with AppleTV?  Anybody experiencing freezes w/ AppleTV? "DirectTV Now" is just not ready for prime time. Beware, if you pre pay your 3-months order, they do not refund your money even if you are in the 7-days "trial", just because the 7-days trial period is "added at the end of the 3-months prepaid period."  It is just misleading marketing and I took the bite, unfortunately.

Message 210 of 841
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support