Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Now Beta Invite for Roku

Tutor

Directv Now Beta Invite for Roku

Just wondering how to get an invite to test my Roku stick on a different TV of ours?

The Beta I have installed on our main TV with our Amazon Fire Stick (2nd Gen) is working great so far (2 days now) with only a few buffering issues on my 12-14 MB  system speed.

Message 1 of 25
Tutor

Re: Directv Now Beta Invite for Roku

Get the "hmm something went wrong or taking longer than expected" once in awhile also. I just hit the back button on remote or reboot the app and usually works great after. Overall happy with the beta app and the setup and the DVR testing!

Message 16 of 25
Contributor

Anyone figure this out yet? I’m 1 hour and 15 minutes behind on most channels. It’s driving me nuts. 

Message 17 of 25
Contributor

Anyone know if you have to actually get an invite for it to work? I was able to add the channel to my Roku using the link mnji provided and logged in with MyATT account, but everytime I try to watch any channel it just goes to a blue screen and says "Something when wrong, try again later".

Message 18 of 25
Teacher

Zaleon-- Wait 24 hrs & try again...email stated it could take that long to actually have the Beta. I had EXACT issue & now works perfectly

Message 19 of 25
Contributor

Great, thanks for your reply! Excited to try it out. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 25
Teacher

UR WELC! FINGERS CROSSED
Message 21 of 25
Contributor

Mine never would work. Regardless of channel, I get a "Something Went Wrong We're having trouble displaying this channel. Please check back later." with a 110 in the bottom right corner. I've attached a picture of it. I noticed Starz gives a 180 number in the bottom right, but otherwise all other channels are 110.

IMG-1183.JPG

Message 22 of 25
Contributor

Thank you sir! Just tried it and worked like a charm. It didn't even take me 2 minutes to set up on my Roku tv

Message 23 of 25
Tutor

Thanks for the link. It is working great now. Noticed that there is less buffering so far.

Message 24 of 25
Tutor

Getting better and easier to navigate every day! Thinking roll out coming very soon!

Message 25 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support