Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DirecTV Now App Updates

Contributor

DirecTV Now App Updates

I have a 4 year old Amazon Fire TV 2nd Generation and it will not update to the latest Directv Now App V.2.0.11. The best I can do with the App is V.1.0.25 when I reload the app I've purchased from the Amazon App Store (which by the way is V.2.0.11) . I've made three attempts at deleting and reinstalling to no avail. Can anyone out there help me out?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by LittleRudy
‎06-10-2018 10:51 AM

Re: DirecTV Now App Updates

Seems the app does not support your device any more. Your option is to purchase a new device or seek another streaming service. Over time even those services will become obsolete with your current device.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Thanks so much. You've confirmed what I suspected.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Thanks so much. You've confirmed what I suspected.

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Anytime we can help. It got me also.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Teacher

Hi,

Have a couple of DTVN update questions.

I have a Roku Premier+ box with Ver. 8.1 4145 Build and a DTVN app on it with Ver. 2.4 Build 14 .

Is the DTVN build I have the latest?   Does AT&T auto update them as they come out?

Does the Roku box update apps or check for latest installed apps and let you know they need updates?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support