Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Bein sport channel not working

Contributor

Bein sport channel not working

Bein sport channel not working New york Long island

Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: Bein sport channel not working

BeIN was dropped due to a contract conflict. PS Vue dropped BeIN Sports for the same reason over a year ago.

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Subject: I want beIN SPORTS back!

Dear DIRECTV,

I understand that DIRECTV has dropped beIN SPORTS. I am writing to request that you return beIN SPORTS on your channel lineup. Please let me know if I can continue to see my favorite beIN SPORTS programming. Thank you.

Sincerely

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

Doing a little research, it appears that all the ATT services plus Comcast all dropped beIN recently, and others had earlier - cutting their distribution in half.  beIN was apparently demanding a significant increase in carriage fees as well as pushing to be included in lower tiers/base packages (so getting fees against a much larger pool of subscribers).  That was being balanced on the other side with the fact that beIN apparently has very low viewership (mostly hardcore soccer fans).  While it's hard to say without seeing the actual numbers, it seems that beIN might have been playing harder ball than they really could, given the hand they were holding (to mix a metaphor)...

To be seen how it shakes out, but there are numerous reports that this might kill beIN Sports (which was supposedly looking ahead to problems anyway, since they are apparently scheduled to lose their biggest draws over the next year or 2).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I rang for the same problem and one of the directv agent try to do a trouble shooting to solve me not being able to see BeInsport. I subsequently told him off and ask him to alllow me to speak with someone higher. They know the problem but when you actually ring they pretend they don’t know anything about it. That is poor customer management. 

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

It isn't a "problem" they can just fix - it is a contractual dispute.  And it is quite likely that Support reps aren't particularly aware of such things.  Yes, it is likely that they should provide more info on these occurrences, but generally neither side in these wants to get into any details - they just blame the other side.  Apparently all the ATT carriage contracts with beIN are up for renewal, and ATT has rejected the renewal terms that beIN is demanding.  Other major carriers have also rejected beIN's terms, so my guess is that unless beIN backs off and agrees to terms significantly less than they are demanding, ATT will not renew and the network will remain gone (and if reports are correct, ATT and Comcast dropping them would put the whole network into danger of folding).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support