Explore & discover

Helpful Links

“Are You Still Watching” Nag Screen: Turn It Off?

“Are You Still Watching” Nag Screen: Turn It Off?

Why is the nag screen still in the new release, and why isn’t there a toggle to turn it off? Last I checked, regular TV didn’t nag me to see if I was still there. I have seen dozens of posts about this, so obviously consumers HATE it. How can we band together to get AT&T to remove (or at least give us a choice to disable) this feature?

Or, if AT&T engineers were actually decent programmers, they could detect the type of device being watching on. Nag on mobile devices when on cellular ONLY, not on Wi-Fi. Or, just give us the option to turn it off, it is so annoying to be right in the middle of a show, and the nag screen pops up, and I have to sit up, get the remote, and hit no.

Message 1 of 36

Re: "Are You Still Watching" Nag Screen: Turn It Off?

It's completely unnecessary, very irritating and should be an option which
can be shut off.
Message 31 of 36
ACE - Expert

Well it's not and to me it's no big thing. Just take a break and forget it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 36
ACE - Master

Re: “Are You Still Watching” Nag Screen: Turn It Off?

Funny, if my watch nudges me to stir about every few hours it's a "Healthy Lifestyle 'feature'", if my TV does the same thing it's "unnecessary and irritating". :-)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 36

The difference being: you told your watch to 'nudge' you and could easily
tell it not to if you so desired

Message 34 of 36
Tutor

It's not a big thing, and I think it's not "completely' unnecessary, but when I'm watching The Lord of the Rings marathon, and the stream just stops so that it can ask if I'm still watching, that's really annoying.  Does it happen all the time?  No.  Does it always happen at some climactic moment?  No.  Do I think the "feature" should be there?  Probably.

All I'm suggesting, and I don't know why anyone would argue against it, is that the nag NOT stop the stream to ask, and only stop the stream after a few minutes with no response.  That way you don't miss anything, and the stream often takes far too long to restart after your response.  You get both sides satisfied - no missing content, and no wasted bandwidth.  I don't get all the passive aggressive responses here.

Message 35 of 36
ACE - Master

Re: “Are You Still Watching” Nag Screen: Turn It Off?

I still think it has less to do with conserving bandwidth than it does advertisers wanting to know if anyone is actually watching.

It''s easy enough to set up a "keepalive" of some sort that just sends out a command or two every couple of hours, if it really bothers you.

Message 36 of 36
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support