Explore & discover

Helpful Links

App keeps signing me off while watching

Tutor

App keeps signing me off while watching

I keep getting signed out while watching directvnow and have to renter my password. Is there a fix for this?
Message 1 of 93
Tutor

Directv keeps asking for ID and PW on firetv 2

Short:  directv now keeps crashing and coming back to sign on  screen

details:

- firetv 2

- latest firetv2 update

- running latest ver of directvnow

- restart and cache clear does not fix

- started happening mid last week 

- happens multiple times a day

Ask

this is the third issue I'm reporting.   All issues are still occurring.   I'm only interested in trouble shooting if we are going deeper then standard directv now shallow script.   

Message 2 of 93
Community Support

Re: App keeps signing me off while watching

Hello @Frankcz,

We apologize for your viewing experience.  You can try these steps: 

1. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Installed Applications -> Directvnow -> Clear Data
2. Reboot the Device.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 93
Tutor

It started when you updated the App around 1/5/17. Needs fixed.
Message 4 of 93
Contributor

Nothing but issues since day 1 of signing up with this auto log off being the latest. Once my 3 months is up, i'm done. Unless the geniuses supporting this can somehow fix the common complaints.

I guess AT&T/DirecTV don't really care about quality.

Message 5 of 93
Contributor

Directv now keeps signing out multiple times a day on firestick.

Every since the directv now update on Jan 5, I am constantly being asked for password while watching tv or if I close app and go back in. The new update is broken and needs to be fixed or rolled back.
Message 6 of 93
Tutor

Re: Directv keeps asking for ID and PW on firetv 2

Omg. I'm watching the NCAA football championship and am having to re login every 1 - 1.5 hrs. SUCKS!!!! I was thinking about cancelling, and with the Hulu move I just might.
Message 7 of 93
Teacher

Using amazon fire stick, I have this problem. Every hour or so, I have to log back in. 

Directnow has been a huge let down ever since the first day. 

Message 8 of 93
Teacher

I have one firetv sticks and two firetv boxes.  I am getting prompted multiple times per day on all the devices.  I am only watching one stream at time and it happens randomly.  One night I was watching directvnow and was prompted 3 times within two hours.  While I realize there will be bugs as this is a new service, the constant freezing during primetime and now the password issue may push me back to playstation vue.

Message 9 of 93

Watching on a 4k FireTV with wired 200Mbps internet connection. Had to sign-in 4 times yesterday. Cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted FireTv. Nothing worked. Has been happening for almost a week now.

Message 10 of 93
Contributor

Re: Directv now keeps signing out multiple times a day on firestick.

I am having the same issue.

Message 11 of 93
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by DIRECTVNOWCare
‎01-10-2017 10:46 AM

Hi,

We apologize about the issues everyone is having with the Fire TV and FireStick. We have seen multiple reports and are investigating the issue. In the meantime, please try these steps: 

1. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Installed Applications -> DIRECTVNOW -> Clear Data
2. Reboot the Device.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 12 of 93
Teacher

Clearing cache doesn't work. The issue started with the January 5th update.

Please don't mark the issue as solved, DTV person.

Message 13 of 93
Highlighted

Same here. Tried to watch today on one of my Firetv boxes and first when I tried to go to a channel it would give me a crazy message that the channel was not part of my package. Could not see any of my favorite channels either. Unistalled the app and reinstalled it.  Then I go kicked off every 10 minutes which required having to sign in again. This would be funny if this wasn't such a tragedy. These engineers are incompetent!  Received a call from Directv and they left a message that a person from the office of president will contact me within 48 hours. Cannot wait for that call.  Will demand a refund for this month and that will leave February for them to turn this around or I will stay with PS Vue full time.  I can't imagine anyone paying 60 dollars for this unstable product. I have noticed that the buffering has really slowed down but at a cost of picture quality. I can see a lot more compression artifacts on all channels. Bitrates are going below 1Mpbs. Seems that is the only solution they have at this time.

Message 14 of 93
Scholar

@DIRECTVNOWCare Can you please explain, exactly what that will do to solve the issue if "EVERYONE"(as you stated) with a FIre device is having this issue and you are looking into it?  AND if you are aknowledging the issue and are looking into it, WHY did you mark this quetion solved?

Message 15 of 93
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support