Helpful Links

ABC CBS NBC

Tutor

ABC CBS NBC

I’ve lost my local networks... why?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: ABC CBS NBC

What device are you using? Do you still receive them on your phone?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

I'm using Roku and they still appear and work on my phone and computer.
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Your cell phone uses GPS to determine your device location and with GPS it knows exactly where you are located. Whereas your streaming device uses your IP address for device location. Seems that either your ISP's IP address is not in the local location based on your billing zip code to receive the local or the geolocation services used by DTVN has just miss-identified you as not being in the local area. Since you are receiving the wrong locals instead of none I would guess the later.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Tutor

So what is the solution?
Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

None. It's in the hands of DTVN. It may clear up over time the next time the geolocation services runs against your account. You can try deleting the app and reinstalling.

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

I've already removed and re-installed...no change.
That's crazy. I've been completely satisfied until now.
How often do they do that? So we just wait or discontinue using Directv now?
Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

Scan the forums. Local channels is perhaps the most reported issue. Common to this service.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support