Explore & discover

Helpful Links

support for Roku Express 3900R

Contributor

support for Roku Express 3900R

The Roku Express 3900R device is not included in the supported devices list for Directv Now.  Is it not supported (or is the list on the website not quite up-to-date)?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: support for Roku Express 3900R

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

Very slow low-powered units. I have 2 that I have replaces and only using them for backups now. Would suggest you upgrade for performance reasons.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Thanks for your rapid response!  When you say slow, do you mean that changing from one streaming channel to another is slow?  I assume that once streaming commences the device is relatively transparent (assuming no issues with WiFi, etc.).

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

Loading of the app, changing channels, viewing the guide, etc. Even when viewing content and you select the guide the current channel stops and when you exit the guide the current channel has to reloads. Most of the newer devices the current channel plays in the background and when you exit the guide it resumes. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support