Explore & discover

Helpful Links

When will Roku have the Direct TV now app

Highlighted
Tutor

When will Roku have the Direct TV now app

I have heard 1st quarter and I also read somewhere a few weeks ago that they were close to finalizing this but I wanted to know if there has been an update as to the status of the Roku being able have the Direct Tv Now App

Thanks

Message 37 of 166
Contributor

Roku?

I have a Roku 3. Does Now work with it?
Message 1 of 166
Teacher

Re: Roku?

It does not work w/ Roku Period, I say you can screen share if your phone supports it, to the Roku Device that is what I am doing.

~~ Ken

Message 2 of 166
Contributor

Re: Roku?

Thanks
Message 3 of 166
Contributor

access on Roku?

Hi! I am interested in this service but I will not sign up until it is available through the Roku.  Is there any updated time frame for DirecTV Now to be available through Roku?

Message 4 of 166
Scholar

Re: access on Roku?

They said early 2017.  It's not up to Roku.  It's up to DTVN writing the app for Roku

Message 5 of 166
Mentor

We signed up to lock in the price at 35 a month for 100 channels.  Using it with a chromecast now.  Apparently the fire stick we prepaid for is on backorder.  We already have 2 roku devices as we had sling before.  I do realize the service is less than a month old, but hoping they get the roku app out sooner rather than later as we enjoy our roku devices very much.  

Message 6 of 166
Contributor

ROKU

Will DTV Now ever be compatible with Roku?
Message 7 of 166

Re: ROKU

I just read on their the roku blog that the directv now app is supposed to be ready Q1 of 2017.

https://blog.roku.com/blog/2016/11/28/directv-now-coming-to-the-roku-platform-in-q1/

Message 8 of 166
Teacher

anyone have any news on the ROKU availability?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 166
ACE - Expert

It's not like AT&T to announce something like that more than a few days (maybe a week) in advance. 

Keep in mind while early 2017 might sound like January to you, it could be June.

Notice they didn't even say first quarter 2017.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 166
Scholar

Given the utterly craptastic service they currently have using their existing supported platform, it would be a bad idea to jump on it even if they offer Roku support. 

Message 11 of 166

Waiting for Roku

Any time frame as to when my Roku will work with directv now ? I can't see getting Apple TV or another device when they say Roku will work in future 

Message 12 of 166
Guru

Re: Waiting for Roku

Message 13 of 166
Contributor

When will ROKU be added to the streaming devices for Directv now

we have 3 roku devices in our home, we are currently subscribers to "SLING" TV but our roku devices will not function for the directv service. QUESTION when will any of the current ROKU devices be authorized for Directtv Now?

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 166
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support