Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Uverse Internet Data Cap

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Tutor

Uverse Internet Data Cap

Does the data used by Directv Now count against the 1 TByte data cap on Uverse internet?

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by leebob43
‎12-05-2016 4:09 PM

Re: Uverse Internet Data Cap

Hi @leebob43,

Data free streaming is only available to AT&T Wireless customer's at this time. Go here for additional details on this topic.

Stay tuned for updates as we get information on sponsored data usage.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

DirecTVNow and AT&T Internet

An AT&T reprentative told me that AT&T is moving away from U-Verse TV and I should switch to DirecTVNow.  I decided to switch.  I was told I had to signup for DirecTVNow first and then call to cancel my U-Verse TV.

My problems started when I called to cancel my TV service.  The technician told me that since I was cancelling my AT&T TV, I was now limited to 1TB a month for internet data (I have the Gigapower 100 plan).  I told him I wasn't cancelling my TV service but just switching to AT&T's new (better?) TV Service.  He told me that AT&T does not consider DirecTVNow a real TV service.  I asked if my 1TB data limit would include all the DirecTVNow streaming and he said "Yes".

I am really disappointed AT&T would recommend U-Verse customers switch to a streaming TV service and then put a limit on the data streamed over the AT&T Internet.  

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support