Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Only running 1 stream but DIRECTV NOW says: I've reached the maximum allowed streams ...

Highlighted
Contributor

Only running 1 stream but DIRECTV NOW says: I've reached the maximum allowed streams ...

I'm running one stream on my macbook and am trying to run a second stream on my phone but it says I have already reached "the maximum allowed streams on your account".  How can this be?  I haven't ran a stream anywhere else.  Can your account only be logged in on two devices?  Please help!

Message 1 of 231
Mentor

Re: Only running one stream but says I've reached "the maximum allowed streams on your account&

@ghumlic1 are you sure that you didnt have more than 1 table opened in safare/chrome on your macbook?  I would log all the way out from your macbook and then log in again to DTVNow on your macbook and or phone.

Message 2 of 231
Teacher

Re: Only running one stream but says I've reached "the maximum allowed streams on your account&

My problem is similar to yours. Windows PC playing one channel. Laptop was playing a second channel on Google Chrome. I signed out of that to try Safari, then it gave me this "the maximum allowed streams on your account" error.

Signed out of both browsers, emptied cache, but the issue still persists.

Message 3 of 231
Contributor

I'm also getting this. Just signed in to watch on my Apple Tv. Been watching for a couple of hours, now I keep getting this error popping up.

Message 4 of 231
Teacher

Maximum # of streams already playing error?

I am signed into ONE device (it's all I have) which is an Apple TV and I am constantly getting error message that says:

"Looks like your account's maximum number of streams are already playing content. Please end one of the current streams in order to watch this program."

Are you kidding me? I pre-paid for 3 months and have no way to get a refund so is this what I get for my $105?

This is a borderline theft....

Message 5 of 231
Teacher

Error Code 60 (Too many streams)

I am getting an Error Code 60 for too many streams but I am only streaming on my Apple TV 4 Gen. I have restarted my Apple TV twice.
Message 6 of 231
Tutor

Error 60 for watching on too many devices

I keep getting the error message 60 for watching on too many devices. Problem is, I'm only watching on 1 device (my Apple TV).

Message 7 of 231
Contributor

Re: Error Code 60 (Too many streams)

Same here... Keeps giving me code 60 on an ATV4, but I am only trying to run the one stream. Was working fine up until that point.

Message 8 of 231
Teacher

Me too... I also started a thread on this.. I hope this is not the level of service I am going to get since I pre-paid for 3 months in advance.. This could very well have been $105 down the drain.. Something told me to stick with PS Vue....

Message 9 of 231
Teacher

me too.  Is the limit really one stream?  

Im trying like **** to watch on safari but it just will not work.  My apple tv seemed to work ok for a few minuts but now complains of another sign in.   How do I sign out of the web?  there is so little help on the directv now home.  Certainly there is no 'log out' button anywhere.

I suspect their infrastructure is not very robust.

Message 10 of 231
Teacher

I've been getting the same issue on my iPad.
Message 11 of 231
Contributor

Same here. 4th gen Apple TV
Message 12 of 231
Contributor

It just started happening to me too. It worked just fine until now. 

Message 13 of 231
Voyager

Me too... this is just crap.

Message 14 of 231
Tutor

Started happening to me about an hour ago - I'm running only one stream on my atv

Message 15 of 231
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support