Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Need to talk to someone about Rokku account

Contributor

Need to talk to someone about Rokku account

Would like to talk to someone about the Ruchel we did not order it I have it I don’t know how you got my account number to bill me but I would like to find out how I can return it and discontinue it I do not want it I did not order it so please I have called AT&T I have called your one 800 number and nobody seems to want to help me 

Message 1 of 18
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTLiz
‎06-18-2018 12:46 PM

Re: Need to talk to someone about Rokku account

DirecTV Now Customer Service is available only by online chat (info here), not by phone.  Make sure JavaScript isn't disabled in your browser or the "chat" button won't show up.

If you received a Roku, then you must also have a subscription which you are being charged for until is cancelled.  So.  someone signed up for the subscriiption - someone with access to your credit card.  That seems like something you need to figure out independent of DirecTV Now - either you or someone you trusted with your card signed up (perhaps not really understanding what was being agreed to) or someone stole your card info.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 18
Contributor

I just cancelled my roku account...need confirmation it is cancelled...

Message 3 of 18
ACE - Expert

Do you really mean your Roku account or do you mean your DirecTV Now subscription? For DTVN just login to your account and verify its cancel under Manage My Plan. There is no phone support only chat.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 18
Professor

Contact Roku support here and ask them to confirm that your account has been Deactivated:

https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

As the previous poster said, your Roku account has absolutely nothing to do with your DirecTV NOW service. You will continue to be billed for your DirecTV NOW service until you cancel your DirecTV NOW service.

Message 5 of 18
ACE - Master

No reason to cancel your Roku account, it costs you nothing.

If you mean your DTVN account, they will continue to charge you for that until you cancel, regardless of whether you have a Roku account or not.

Message 6 of 18
Tutor

I would like to cancel my rooku  account 

Message 7 of 18
Tutor

I would like to cancel my rooku  account 

Message 8 of 18
Tutor

I need to cancel my rooku account 

Message 9 of 18
Tutor

Cancel rooku account

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

...just a guess here, ... you want to cancel your Roku account?

Simple, start at the right place the Roku, certainly you can navigate the menu and cancel. 

Message 11 of 18
ACE - Master

I'd guess you really don't mean to cancel your Roku account, you probably mean you want to cancel your DirecTV Now account, which you use on your Roku device.

A Roku account costs you nothing, and allows you to access the free Roku channel and little more.

Nobody here can cancel your DTVN account for you, you must do it yourself:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1254070?isreauth=true&gsi=UkU27Wr6

Message 12 of 18
Scholar

I think you're confusing what a Roku is, how you got it, and what account you need to cancel

My guess is that you or someone on your account signed up for the Directv Now promotion that included a free Roku device with the first month paid service. It may have been after a trip to an AT&T store. It seems there has been quite a few people lately getting signed up for DirecTV Now with their AT&T phone plan when they didn't really want it or were unsure of what they were signing up for.

Anyway, the account I think you want to cancel is DirecTV Now, not the Roku. The Roku with the promotion is yours to keep and cost nothing to own and you can use for all sorts of free channels and apps that you can install on it. You can also use the Roku for paid apps like Netflix and others. They don't want it back and it now belongs to you.

If all of the above is correct, then what you want to cancel is DirecTV Now and way to do that is to log into your DirecTV Now account online, select manage my account and click cancel. there will be no refunds since it is a prepaid service. If you don't have access to your account, such as not knowing your username or password, you can try chat support. Just click "contact us" at the bottom of this page, select DirecTV Now under the digital TV section, and a chat bubble should show up on the right side of the screen. From there you can try to get help from support.

Message 13 of 18
Contributor

I need to talk to someone about my bill!!!!! not a Rouk . 

Message 14 of 18
Contributor

no Rouk acct talk about my bill.

Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support