Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is Amazon Alexa integration in the works at any stage?

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Highlighted
Contributor

Is Amazon Alexa integration in the works at any stage?

Is there a plan to integrate fully with Amazon Alexa

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: Is Amazon Alexa integration in the works at any stage?

Nothing has been announced, but DTVN generally doesn't say anything unless and until a feature is offered.

I doubt it's a high priority, there are too many issues just getting things to work without voice control.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Professor

There is a lot of voice control in the beta Android TV app on the C71KW. So that’s a good sign. 

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Master

Maybe, but nobody knows if that box is destined for whatever DirecTV Satellite morphs into, or will be used with DirecTV Now.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Professor

I've heard that speculation many times, but I personally don't buy it. Makes no sense to me that they would beta test the wrong app. I think what's more likely is that the current DirecTV satellite streaming, DirecTV NOW and AT&T Watch will become the "AT&T TV" service running some version of the beta box app, and those  old brands will just become different tiers of that unified service. After all, "AT&T TV" is what the app and all the services are called on the beta box today.

In any case, here are some examples of voice commands that work on the C71KW:

Switch channel to Audience Network
Open Guide
What's on Now?
What's on CBS?
Open DVR / Open My Recordings
Pause / Play / Resume
Title Search: "Jurassic Park"
Actor Search: "Jeff Goldblum"
Actor + Media Type Search: "Find Jeff Goldblum Movies"
Actor + Media Type + Genre Search: "Find Jeff Goldblum Romance Movies"

I've also tried saying a channel number and that works too.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support