Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Internet with spectrum

Contributor

Internet with spectrum

Can I have Spectrum internet and have direct now channels?

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by cransy
‎08-02-2018 11:09 AM

Re: Internet with spectrum

DIRECTV NOW is independent of your Internet Service Provider, as long as you have enough bandwidth.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

how did you install it ? did you use a smart tv or Apple tv or just a stick?  i  don't have anything  just using Vizeo smart tv that           uses a Yahoo software  and i don't see the app for direct tv now ....V

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Master

A Vizio is not directly supported. You'll need to use one of the supported streaming devices.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1200941

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
ACE - Master

Quite correct, but I'd also add that it's probably not for those with bandwidth caps. It's the most data hungry of streaming services.

Message 5 of 11
Mentor

I have Spectrum 100 meg Internet service and DirecTV Now.  It works great with very good reliability and no buffering.  My Spectrum service doesn't have usage limits and I can easily run 2 streams simultaneously with no issues. 

Message 6 of 11
ACE - Master

Glad it's working for you, but you certainly do not need 100 Mbps. for DTVN. I have run two streams on a 12 Mbps. DSL line with no apparent problems.

Message 7 of 11
Mentor

Agreed.  My comment was less about the 100 meg service but more to the question of whether DirecTV Now will work with Spectrum Internet, which was the original ask. 

Message 8 of 11
Professor

Your internet provider doesn't matter

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

I have 25mbps with Spectrum and have no problem streaming my Directvnow. I've added a 3rd stream for $5 p/mo and can stream all 3 TV's with no problems.

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Master

I've run two DTVN streams on a 12 Mbps. DSL line without any problems.

It doesn't take a lot of raw speed, but you want low latency, minimal jitter and no dropped packets.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support