Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I am not getting local chanels I am suppose to be getting NYC area local channels

Message 10 of 220
Scholar

Re: Local Channel Streaming with DIRECTV NOW

Agreed that the ABC/NBC thing seems like a bait-and-switch.  Especially NBC, since Sling seems to have NO PROBLEMS getting NBC to stream over various devices.  Fox is the only channel that works....

Message 31 of 220
Scholar

Re: Local Channel Streaming with DIRECTV NOW

Also LoL that the top of this thread shows "Solved by DirecTV Now Care".  It's not solved.  This is garbage.

Message 32 of 220
Teacher

Re: I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

should be able to but no dice yet...................

ghj.PNG

Message 33 of 220
Mentor

Re: Local channels in Seattle

Check them here:

Locals/RSN Channels

Message 34 of 220

Re: Local channels in Seattle

Thanks, hopefully local channels get added soon in seattle! That would be the big advantage of directv now then vs competition.

Message 35 of 220
Tutor

Direct TV locals need to be on the set top devices, bottom line whoever on your end that wrote up these contracts dropped the ball big time. The competition offers locals through all their apps. You guys should have worked on the same deal. Get on this ASAP otherwise you're gonna see a lot of free trials and that is it.

Message 36 of 220
Contributor

This issue is definitely NOT SOLVED.

I'm in the Los Angeles area and I don't see live local streaming on my iPhone nor desktop browser. Checked for ABC, NBC, and FOX. 

Message 37 of 220
Contributor

NBC not available for live viewing

I live in the Philadelphia market and supposedly NBC is included but I'm not seeing it in the guide.  If I search for it I do see certain NBC shows available on-demand but nothing for live viewing.

Message 38 of 220
Scholar

Re: NBC not available for live viewing

Live NBC stream only available in web browser and phones, not on streaming devices (Apple TV, firestick, etc.).  It's a total joke, but that's how it is.

Message 39 of 220
Teacher

Unable to see NBC or CSN live

Made into its own post 

Message 40 of 220

Re: NBC not available for live viewing

Not even in web browsers.  I get NBC Universo only in Chrome

Message 41 of 220
Tutor

Is anyone seeing local channels on brower in LA?

Message 42 of 220
Tutor

You need to look in the guide for the locals, for whatever reason if you go to the Network Page it only shows VOD content for locals and not the Live Channel. If you go to the Guide you should see the locals and then can view them.
Message 43 of 220

Note that most of DirectTV's own FAQs and documentation make no mention of this NBC on FireTV/Apple TV issue. Check out their list of supported devices: 

Screenshot 2016-11-30 16.34.40.png

No mention of any per-device channel restrictions. No "channels may vary by device." Certainly no mention of NBC anywhere. 

It's outrageous.

Message 44 of 220
Teacher

Unable to see NBC or CSN live

I purchased the Go Big package, but I am not getting NBC or CSN live even though the channel lookup tool shows it available in my area.  NBC doesn't even show in my guide and CSN shows up blank with an error not available in my area.  I do see NBC as a subscribed network but only VOD is available.  I tried using web browser and the app on my Apple TV. 

***I can confirm CSN shows up in the browser if I search for it and I can watch it live, but it doesn't show up in the web browser guide.  I can also confirm that NBC works on the web browser live, but doesn't work on Apple TV nor does it show in Apple TV guide***

dtv2.pngdtv1.png

Message 45 of 220
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support