Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

Highlighted

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I am not getting local chanels I am suppose to be getting NYC area local channels

Message 10 of 206
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎11-30-2016 9:17 AM

DIRECTV NOW: What to Know about Streaming Local Channels

Does DIRECTV NOW include Local Channels? What local channels are available on my account? It says I should get local channels, but what if it’s not showing on my TV guide?

When it comes to local channels, there are a lot of scenarios that can be played out that may raise some questions about your local channel availability. Here are some guidelines to review about watching local channels with DIRECTV NOW. Enter your zip code and find out exactly what local affiliates are available.

--

There are several variables that we have to factor in when considering watching local channels:

• Select Markets: Where we’re actually offering local channels.
  • Billing Address: Where you’re billed must be in the select market to view that local channel.
  • Streaming Address: Where you’re streaming must be in the geo-location of the select market to view that local channel.

So, your local channel eligibility depends on your billing location, but your local channel viewing access depends on your physical location (or more specifically, the physical location of your device).

--

Local Channel Cheat Sheet

My billing address is “Metrocity”, and I want to stream ABC in “Metrocity”

locals1.JPG

My billing address is “Metrocity”, but I want to stream ABC in “Suburbtown”

locals2.JPG 

Depends!? -- Well, let’s also keep in mind that the exact affiliate matters.

Here’s what we mean. If the affiliates are the same:

locals3.JPG 

BUT if the affiliates are different, treat it as if it’s a different local channel:

locals4.JPG

--

If you’re having issues where a local channel is available in your zip-code, but it’s not showing on your app, this may be for you.

In addition to what we’ve mentioned above, if your device location zip-code does not match your billing zip-code, you will not be able to view a local channel (even if it's affiliate is available on both zip-codes).

Here’s how to find your device location zip-code on a Roku:

• Go on the DIRECTV NOW app
  • Go to Settings
  • Go to About
  • See display for both billing and location.
  • Check the Help Center look-up tool to see if the locals are in both zip-codes.

Capture.JPG

Don’t have a Roku?

• You can reach out to our chat teams – just let them know that you want to verify that both your billing location and device location zip-codes offer the locals.

If you’re still having issues?

• Keep in mind, your IP address can change due to things like reboots in your router. When this happens, the IP address from your Internet Provider may come from a different zip code where DIRECTV NOW locals are not available. You can consider purchasing a Static IP Address, but to do so, you have to go through your Internet provider.
  • As an alternative, you can hook up an antenna to your TV to get local channels over-the-air (OTA). Learn more about OTA antennas and your devices. Visit AntennaWeb for more information. Visit our Help Center for more information like Which DIRECTV NOW channels can I watch?

Hope this helps!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers, and feel free to ask a question to other members too. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 206
Contributor

Channels

Is msg included in any of these packages? Or will it be in the future?
Message 2 of 206
Community Support

Re: Local Channel Streaming with DIRECTV NOW

Wondering how local channels work with DIRECTVNOW while on the move? What about when you are home? Check out our helpful information above.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers, and feel free to ask a question to other members too. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 206
Mentor

Ok, great information, but how do I access this local channel on the app?  Says I get FOX, but I go to FOX and all thats there is VOD, no live TV?

Message 4 of 206
Anonymous
Not applicable

Broadcast Channels

I live in a rural area in Burnsville, North Carolina where we can not receive any broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, etc).  Why can DirecTV Now not provide those channels to me?  It seems that would not violate any current licenses deals those local channels have as I am not their customer now.  If DirecTV Now could provide those channels to me; then they would have a winner.  Will DirecTV Now turn those channels on for Me?

Message 5 of 206
Mentor

Missing Guide Channels (FireTV)

Hello,

I am unable to find for example NBC on my FireTV DIRECTV NOW app. It shows on my PC, but not on the FireTV. I can find it under my list of channels but that only gives me on demand options.

DIRECTVNOW-PC.pngDIRECTVNOW-FIRETV.jpg

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 206
Mentor

I think it's a bug Dubuddaman. It works on PC, just not streaming devices.

Message 7 of 206
Teacher

Re: Missing Guide Channels (FireTV)

Here are a couple of other threads related to this topic. Not having NBC on my Fire TVs would be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully they can get this addressed before my 7 day eval is over.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Finding-Shows-Channels/NBC-not-appearing-in-Amazon-Fire-TV-app-for-DIRECTV...

https://forums.att.com/t5/General-Questions/Local-Live-Stations-NYC/m-p/4987481#M32

Message 8 of 206
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is just ONE problem with this approach.  What if you live in a rural area where there are NO local channels? There is no OTA broadcast.  I thought that is what Streaming is for.  To get that content to those that can't get it.  If we can not get OTA,  then we should be able to select the broadcast channels we want from what you have available.  We are not taking from local markets.  Wake up AT&T,  this is an opportunity.  We should be able to pick from your list and get the content.   The advertisers would like it to. 

Message 9 of 206
Mentor

Yeah I saw those posted after Smiley Happy Weren't around when I posted. I'm in a chat now discussing also.

Message 11 of 206
Mentor

Re: I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

Message 12 of 206
Teacher

In mobile apps, try going to "Home" page and then selecting "Guide."   Available local networks appear to be available here.

Note, I do not see Available local networks with a "Live" option under the "Networks" page where I expected to.

Message 13 of 206
Mentor

Message 14 of 206
Teacher

Thanks for taking it up with them and please let us know the outcome. 

Message 15 of 206
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support