Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do i stream on my tv?

Contributor

How do i stream on my tv?

I have a Sony TV and trying to connect direct tv Now and cannot find direct tv app. As AT&T employees told me to download the app on my tv but cannot find the app. Is anybody can help me doing it please.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎06-18-2018 9:28 AM

Re: How do i stream on my tv?

If its a smart tv then it is not supported. You will need to get a external streaming device to get the app to work.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Please let me know what do you mean with external device? By the time I purchased the service AT&T employees knew I have only smart tv.  

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Professor

Here is a link to what devices work for DirectvNow 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1200941

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

They don't know crap. Just selling services.

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

I have an external device i stream net flicks on but there is not an app on it for directvnow.  what do i do?  thaks

Message 6 of 7
Professor

You need one of the supported devices from the above link

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support