Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

Contributor

Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

Is there anyway to volunteer to be a beta tester for the new Directv Now streaming box?  I’ve had Directv for over 20 years and have both Directv and Directv Now, but I never get the opportunity to try out the new products.

Message 1 of 99

Re: Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

Is there a forum anywhere just for the beta?  I've noticed on my 4K TCL TV set that the HDR logo is getting triggered using this device which is suppose to mean video is in 4K resolution.  Anyone else notice anything with 4K?  I dont think im getting 4K but something is triggering my TV to think it is.

Message 16 of 99
ACE - Expert

You should have received a email telling you all the info.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 99
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Try going here

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 99
Contributor

Seems I’m having too do a restart from the menu more often of late? And yet I can
switch over to my AppleTv and have no or very minimal problems.

Message 19 of 99
Mentor

I would like to buy a beta box from someone if interested. Please PM me 

Message 20 of 99
Professor

We got lots of new features in the last update, mostly remote related. Here's a summary I posted in the beta forum:

You get the following new functions if you use an old DirecTV satellite remote, Harmony or other universal. You pretty much get EVERYTHING we've been waiting for: 
- One touch record 

- Channel +/-
- Guide button 
- Recording List button 
- Previous channel (recall) button FINALLY 
- Guide page up/down - almost (Ch+/- skips every other line while in the guide) 
- Info button 
- Menu button 
- 30 sec skip fwd and back

In addition bigger, bolder fonts in the guide.

Message 21 of 99
Mentor

The new update is awesome on the beta box. I purchased 2 Direct TV remotes RC73 for $7 and they have all the functions as Lydian mentions above. 

Message 22 of 99
ACE - Master

Though as far as I know, none of those other remote options provide voice access.  May or may not be important to you.

Message 23 of 99
Tutor

You're absolutely right and the remote is the worst. On the other hand it has simplified TV viewing, reminiscinet  of the old days when you just turn the TV on and watch. No app selection unless you want. If Netflix was there I'd be happier

Message 24 of 99
Tutor

Yes, there is an invitation-only Feedback Forum for the new DirecTV Streaming Box.   https://attfeedback.uservoice.com/forums/916927-at-t-streaming-device

Message 25 of 99
Tutor

I have tested directv since it’s inception most recently dvr functionality. Please add me to the testing pool

Message 26 of 99
Tutor

Thx for your input
Message 27 of 99
ACE - Master

@Blakehh - no one here can add you to anything - we are just other customers.  And it isn't clear whether they are still adding testers right now (and if they are, how they select them and if there is any way to "volunteer").

Message 28 of 99
Tutor

Hey well thanks for the information and taking the time to write me. Well if they do ever decided to develop and test this much needed enhancement clearly there’s a great pool to choose from
Message 29 of 99
Contributor

Anyone having playback issues? My playback/video quality is horrible. its as if I'm watching a scratched DVD. It even happens with youtube and Hulu apps. checked for update and only had one for the remote.

Message 30 of 99
Share this topic
Share this topic
New updates, promos and features. View DIRECTV NOW Updates & Promos!
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support