DIRECTV NOW Supported Devices

Community Support

DIRECTV NOW Supported Devices

DIRECTV NOW content titles.jpg

Compatible TV media players

Compatible smartphones & tablets

Compatible browsers

--

When will my device or preferred browser be compatible? We're always working to bring this experience to more folks. At this time, we do not have information on if or when other devices will be added.

Note: DIRECTV NOW does not support rooted or jailbroken devices—that is, phones, tablets, or other devices from which users have removed carrier restrictions to gain extra controls.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 190
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by DIRECTVNOWCare
‎11-30-2016 5:41 AM

Re: DIRECTV NOW Supported Devices

For more information about DIRECTV NOW Supported Devices, check out our Support Page: Compatible Devices and Browsers with DIRECTV NOW

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 190
Mentor

Directv Now on windows 10 using Edge? Or only on Explorer ?

I've already determined that , apparently  Edge browser and Firefox appear to be incompatible with DirecTV Now. I did get the service up and running on Windows 10's hidden old browser,  Internet Explorer 11.  (get to a command prompt and type iexplore.exe , it'll pop up. )

My question is , do you plan compatibility with Microsoft's Edge browser, or at least a Windows 10 universal app ? Using an old browser at the end of it's life seems like a step backwards.

Message 3 of 190
Teacher

Any plan for console (XBOX One / PS4) support?

Message 4 of 190
Mentor

Use the following to get the iOS App & AppleTV App

Install iOS App Using The Direct Link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/directv-now/id1136238277?mt=8

Install the app using the direct link until Apple's App Store index's the new app and it appears in search.

To get it on Apple TV, use the steps below once you have it installed on an iOS device like an iPhone / iPad.

1. Open the AppleTV App Store

2. Go to "Purchased" at the top of the store.

3. Choose "DirecTV Now" and "Get"

That should get it on your device. If you downloaded it to your iOS and have auto App download turned on for the AppleTV, it should also be already download to your AppleTV, but this is a work around until search is working for those that don't have an iOS device.

Message 5 of 190
Contributor

Any idea when casting to Chromecast from an iOS device is going to be available? I was super stoked to sign up to this service, now I can't cast to my Smartcast TV unless I have an android device. Really disappointed that feature would be left out for iOS devices.

Message 6 of 190
Contributor

If Chrome (50+) is supported why does the site send me to an unsupported browser page?  I am using Google Chrome version 53 on Ubuntu Linux.

Message 7 of 190
Community Support

Re: Directv Now on windows 10 using Edge? Or only on Explorer ?

Hi @tbird635,

Visit this link for DIRECTV NOW supported browsers and devices. As additional compatibility comes available we will update this information. Thank you for reaching out to our community.

-DIRECTVNOWCares

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 190
Mentor

When is the Android TV app coming?

Message 9 of 190

Fire Tablet

Do you plan to offer an App for an Amazon Fire Tablet.  I just signed up and would have assumed that you would have a Fire Tablet App since you are providing a Fire TV free of charge.  Much to my dismay you do not offer an app for the Tablet and it does not list a future support in the FAQ's.  Thanks

Message 10 of 190
Teacher

Vizio 2016 Cast-Enabled Display Not Able to Stream (This is Supposed to be Supported)

I'm running into a number of problems and would like some assistance as cast-enabled Vizio SmartCast Displays were specifically said to be supported according to the press release (see end of post for press release quote).

Here are my issues:

1). The Vizio tablet remote cannot run the DirecTV Now app. The guide never loads and it is completely unable to cast. Location is turned on.

2). I can get both a Lollipop tablet and a Marshmallow phone to load the app and initiate a cast, but...

3). When casting from the above-mentioned devices to the Vizio SmartCast display, a continous 5-10 second loop is displayed of whatever program is selected.

4). I also tried casting to an NVIDIA Shield. Most of the time, the cast is not successful at all (I get a circular blue dot loading screen). However, even when a cast does start, the image is pushed off the screen (channel logos cut in half, etc.) due to excessive overscan.

Here is the excerpt from the press release:

"DIRECTV NOW will be available at launch through the following:

Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick

Android mobile devices and tablets

iPhone, iPad and Apple TV

Chromecast (Android at launch; iOS in 2017)

Google Cast-enabled LeEco ecotvs and VIZIO SmartCast Displays

Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari web browsers"

Message 11 of 190
Contributor

Trouble connecting.

I've established the account but can't get anything. I get a message "Server not found" Is a certain browser required? I tried to download Google Chrome and that didn't work either. Our tv is a year old Samsung 4K smart tv.
Message 12 of 190
Teacher

Hi,

I got it to work by using a User Agent spoofer and setting directvnow.com to see the following UserAgent: 

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/Chrome/54.0.2840.100 Safari/537.36"

Check out more details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DirecTVNow/comments/5fqveh/linux_workaround/

Message 13 of 190

Please add Android TV App

Not really a question, more a request. Please add Android TV app. I'm fine Chromecast, my wife is not. And no I don't want fire TV or Apple tv. I already have xbox one,ps4,ps3, and Wii u cluttering my entertainment center. I have no more room.
Tags (1)
Message 14 of 190
Contributor

Silverlight Issues

Safari has Silverlight installed, but the screen goes black and advises me to (re)install Silverlight. I went to Security in Safari & enabled Silverlight plugin, restarted, but am still getting the "install Silverlight" message. Silverlight works fine with Netflix, and the plugin is enabled for DirectTV now... 

Message 15 of 190
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support