Explore & discover

Helpful Links

CSN Bay Area Blackout of Live GS Warriors games

Highlighted
Contributor

CSN Bay Area Blackout of Live GS Warriors games

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and have been a DirectTv customer for 15+ years.   I signed up to try DirectTv now mainly because the CSN Bay Area channel in the package carries the Warriors games.  On the broadcast service the game appear on chanell 696, but with DirecTV now the games are blacked out. 

I am very disppointed that something so obvious as watching the live sports event does not work.  I've missed several games now since the service went live last Wednesday.  Since I am a bay area customer, I wouldn't think the games would be blacked out (and they are not since I can see them on chanell 696 with my broadcast subscription). The main reason I paid for membership was to be able to watch these games.   

Why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? I've read in the forums that this a persistent problem with the local sports channels.   When will this be fixed?   

Message 1 of 11
Tutor

Re: CSN Bay Area Blackout of Live GS Warriors games

I have the same problem with Sacramento Kings games on CSN California.  Games are available on Comcast and PS Vue but blacked out on DTV Now.

Message 2 of 11
Contributor

same thing happen to me over the weekend, download the NBC sports app, (i am using appletv)  that is how i was able to view. authenticate, you should be set. i did notice yesterday that the Warriors games was being shown on NBA TV also. its frustarating, i know, good luck. 

Message 3 of 11
Tutor

Sharks game was blacked out tonight. So.. I'm guessing it still isnt' fixed. Also I am missing CSN Bay Area! Just getting CSN California...

Good news though, I filed a ticket. So hopefully it gets addressed soon

Message 4 of 11
Tutor

I tried watching the replay the next day on csn bay area and that was blacked out. How is that even right?
Message 5 of 11
Teacher

Looks like it's fixed! Watching my warriors tonight...wish they were winning 😡
Message 6 of 11

Also looks like the Sharks games are fixed too, except DirecTV Now would rather air the Sacramento Kings game first and only joins the Sharks game after Kings Postgame.  So still useless.

Message 7 of 11
Scholar

I'm the last one to defend DTVN, but how is CSNs coverage schedule DTVNs issue?  Isn't that what all CSN viewers of that channel seeing?

Message 8 of 11
Teacher

It's the exact opposite on PS Vue, the Sharks are played ahead of the Kings on CSN CA while the Kings are moved you CSNCA+. DTVNow needs to add the overflow channels. Makes no sense that I can't watch the Sharks despite living closer to San Jose than I am to Sacramento.
Message 9 of 11
Contributor

I just checked and CSN is no longer on the guide.  Anyone know what happened?

Message 10 of 11
Tutor

My CSN Bay Area and California channels disappeared.  I chatted with support and they said they were working on the issue with no ETA.  Missed the Warriors game and it's still missing.  I just signed up this week.  It was working Saturday but not today (Sunday).

I also noticed it says that I should be receiving the local NBC affiliate (KNTV) but that's not on my guide either.  I live in the East Bay.  Fox and ABC are there.  I can select NBC just for their shows.

Still seems pretty buggy.  Sometimes I get the audio sync issue using my Fire sticks.  Did some of the tricks but so far seems "somewhat" better.  Not 100% but acceptable

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support