Explore & discover

Helpful Links

what is the total monthly fee?

Tutor

what is the total monthly fee?

If I choose the "Live a Little", $40.00/month TV, then what is the actual fee I need to pay? Taxes and fees should be posted - so I think.

Message 1 of 12
ACE - Professor

Re: what is the total monthly fee?

I think it depends on where you are located if there are taxes.

I live in Illinois and I pay no taxes or fees.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12
Tutor

Hi Jeffster,

Thank you for your reply.

You are lucky - I live in California, where everything taxed, including the tax.

Because of that a $40.00 listed fee easily could come out as $60.00.

Stan

Message 3 of 12
ACE - Master

Ah, that pesky tax tax.

I agree it would be nice if they told you in advance what the total would be. Unfortunately the only way I know to discover the real total is to subscribe and see what your first month's bill is. If it is too high you can always cancel.

I'm in Wyoming, no taxes here, I know Florida (or some municipalities within it) do charge tax.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 12
Professor

Holy cow! 50% tax in CA?  In my state, it’s just sales tax, around 7%. 

Message 5 of 12
Tutor

Thank you for your thoughts Lydian!

I ought to correct myself, it is not 50% tax that is in effect in CA (not yet), I was just saying an example. This state is a clever one, they add "fees" - often a dozen or more from 2 cents to $ 3.00-5.00 - and then (!) tax it. Thus, the total amount could be - anything..

Message 6 of 12
Tutor

Hello Beww357,

Thank you for your thoughts. I do not want to cancel the current setup until I have something suitable to replace.

I will wait for awhile, perhaps someone who read my question and from southern California as well would come up with a firm reply.

Thanks again!

Stanly

Message 7 of 12

@StanlyO I live in Georgia and there’s no tax here. I just did a test sign up. When i got to the part where it asks for my payment info i used a address from montebello CA (left the payment info blank) and there was no taxes shown. I changed the address to Killeen TX and there was a $3.30 tax. You dont have to cancel the setup you have now just sign up and if there’s no tax using your address when you get to the payment part then you may continue when you’re ready to make the switch. 

Message 8 of 12

Message 9 of 12
Tutor

Hi Viper31415,

Your advise sounds good!

That is a clever way to find out the fees, taxes. 

Were you needed to write in your Ca zip?

Stan

Message 10 of 12
Highlighted

@StanlyO Pick your plan and other add ons (optional) when you get to the payment part it will also ask you for your address. 2F956D2E-8C32-454C-B02E-019B7F609F75.jpeg

Message 11 of 12
Tutor

Hi Viper 31415

I do appreciate your help! I will follow your advice!

(Still envy you living in a state without taxes!)

Stan

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support