Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Where is my free Roku?

Where is my free Roku?

When we signed up for Direct TV Now this month there was a promotion if you had a $65 a month plan chosen, you were to receive a free Roku device.  To date we have not received any communication about this device and I do not see anywhere to contact Direct TV Now to ask about this.  Any suggestions?  Really disappointing that I am referred to a community forum rather than being able to contact Direct TV Now.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Where is my free Roku?

Login to your account and go to Payment History. There should be a entry with a order number for the free device if you selected the right option. If not then you did not. You can use that order number to chat with a support rep.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7

There is no order number in our payment history and I did not see any option to select an order for a "free" roku device.  Really seems like a bait and switch when they advertise a free device when you select a plan of at least $65 however there is no clear instructions how I have to "order" my free device.  I had to go Facebook in order to receive a chat response so I will see how this goes.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Master

Did you opt for the free trial? I believe if you do the device offer is not available.

Also, the last free device offer has expired, when did you sign up?

Chat support is the place to go, this forum is not support, just subscribers trying to help each other.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222548?isreauth=true&gsi=EpLF8tiZ

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7

Never stated that if you opt for the free trial you are not able to receive the device.   Very poor description during the sign up process....

Message 5 of 7
Professor

That's not really true. You can get as many free trials as you want and as many free devices as you want, so long as you use a different email each time you sign up. Also don't forget to cancel before the end of each free trial.

But you do have to follow the free Roku links during signup to get the deal.

That's all moot now because I'm pretty sure the Roku deal only ran Sept-Dec last year. I don't think it was still available in January.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎01-23-2019 2:04 PM

You needed to explicitly select the device option if you wanted it, and as noted you couldn't get that and the free trial (because if they were sending you a "free" device, they wanted some subscription money in exchange).  It did indicate this, but the wording probably wasn't very clear - if only because very little of the DTVN writeups are very clear.  I think if you tried to get multiple promotions (like free device and free trial) what you got was the last one you selected.

The "welcome" email that you should have gotten would have indicated if you were getting a promo device.

If you have now already paid for at least a month at the $65 level or above, you can try contacting Customer Service to see if they might be able (and willing) to find some workaround for you.  I wouldn't be too hopeful, but it is worth a try.  I generally have more luck with getting access to the Customer Service chat on this page - select the Chat live button.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support