Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Updated credit resulted in a $20 charge that was not refunded

Contributor

Updated credit resulted in a $20 charge that was not refunded

I updated my credit card and Directvnow charged my card $20 that was not refunded and the bill not due yet. How do I get my refund? There is no chat or phone support available for Directnow.

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Updated credit resulted in a $20 charge that was not refunded

Chat is available 24/7 and I just went there to verify it. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It'a also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Chat_01192019.JPG

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Scholar

If I remember correctly this has to do with the date you added your new cc (credit card).

For instance let's say your have to $40 package and with your old cc you were paying the 1st of the month.

That means you already paid $40 from januari 1st till january 31st.

If you now change to a new cc on January 15th, your paying cycle will change to january 15th till february 15th. Meaning you paid $20 for the periode february 1st till february 15th. On february 15th you will then pay monthly $40.

Hope this makes sense and that I'm correct?????

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Master

Check that the $20 was an actual charge and not a "hold".

DTVN places a $20 hold on a new account to verify the account is valid, but those usually drop off in a couple of days.

I'm not saying that's what happened, just suggesting you check.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

No that is not the case. Chat is not available on directvnow, it doesn't show up on any browers

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

I certainly does. Chat is available 24/7. I just verified it is up. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. The reason you do not see the icon is due to some extension, program, or blocker preventing the icon from appearing. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It'a also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Chat_01222019.JPG

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Master

As @bcbsncjlj said, yes it does. I just checked Firefox and Chrom(ium) on Linux and Chrome on Win 10.

Believe me, something is trying to "protect" you, security software, security appliances (The Disney Circle will block it), overly aggressive firewalls, anything.

Try a phone on cellular data if you can, not that chatting on a phone is any fun but as a test.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support