Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Lies and deceit

Tutor

Lies and deceit

This is very frustrating.  I was charged twice a much as I was told and what makes it worst is I have been transfered to a number of people who can not help me.  They pretend like they know who can help me but they dont.   I  have been a loyal customer for a number of years and I dont expect to be scammed out of my money by AT&T.  I only need to know how to get my money back or at least to let peple know what is going on and how to avoid a scam by AT&T.  I was told there was nothing they cou do because it was prepaid.  Another scam.  I intend to file a formal compaint because I am still on the phone waiting for someone to tell me that they have to transfer me.  Is it the FCC and who else can I compain to to get this resolved.. Sill waiting.......    

Message 1 of 14
Scholar

Re: Lies and deceit

Who are you talking to on the phone? There is no phone support at all for DirecTV Now. Directv, yes, but not Directv Now, only online chat support.  Who and how much did they charge you?

Message 2 of 14
Professor

Message 3 of 14
Tutor

AT&T. $40 a month. When I was told it would be $20.
Message 4 of 14
Tutor

AT&T
Message 5 of 14

@tacaldwel

“... I only need to know how to get my money back or at least to let peple know what is going on and how to avoid a scam by AT&T...”

If the charges are within a 60 day window, start a charge back process with your credit card issuer. 

“...Is it the FCC and who else can I compain to to get this resolved.. Sill waiting.......  ”

...don’t believe there’s anyone home now, with the shut down. Won’t help anyway, might get a fancy response, but no money returned. 

Message 6 of 14
ACE - Master

If you are "still on the phone" you are talking to the wrong people, DTVN has no phone support.

Support is by chat:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222548?isreauth=true&gsi=RnNtbvxx

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 14
Professor

Message 8 of 14
Tutor

1 (877) 530-7971 AT@T
Message 9 of 14
ACE - Expert

Invalid number. Can not be completed

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 14

... Op's going to be waiting awhile, I suppose.

Message 11 of 14
Tutor

Nothing has been done to resolve this issue.
Message 12 of 14

It’s still unclear WHO you’re trying to reach for resolution. Reread this thread, post #7, refers you to the only folks at ATT, that can resolve your issue, it’s the only way to contact DirecTV Now, by chat not phone. 

Message 13 of 14
ACE - Master

It's unclear to me what service you are talking about - no place in your post did you say.  This forum is for DirecTV Now streaming video service - is that what you signed up for?  If so, DirecTV Now doesn't have a $20/month plan and never has - the cheapest plan is indeed $40/month.  Who told you it was $20/month?

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support