ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎05-16-2018 11:25 AM

Re: I want to cancel my direct tv now

To cancel go here

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 25
Contributor

still want to cancel wheres anyone who can help why all this forums and gobblykook to go through to cancel

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimr1949the guy before you literally gave you a link to go and cancel it. 

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimr1949the also you don't have to go through the forums to cancel it. In fact the customer to customer forum can't cancel it for you

Message 6 of 25
ACE - Master

In the updated version, the "person icon" is now a "gear icon" and instead of "User Account", the link is now "Account Details".

If you still aren't able to follow the instructions that were linked to (consider them "gobbledegook") - and which have nothing to do with the forums - then perhaps DirecTV Now (and streaming services in general?)  might require a bit too much "tech savvy" for you - they are mostly self-service and require some comfort with technical issues.  In that case, contact Customer Service (instructions for that here) and perhaps they will cancel your account for you.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 25
Contributor

Cancel my plan with directvnow

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fredolechti please actually read the thread you posted in

Message 9 of 25
Employee

I have tried this but when I access the instructions for how to cancel they are incorrect in that they tell me to click an icon that does not exist. When I try and initiate chat, the chat button does not work. When I try and provide feedback, I can only click on problem solved - the problem not solved button does not work. I have been trying to work through this for the last month! Need some real help here - I have tried using a chrome and safari browser.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 25
Contributor

same s.... with me, I shall block directv from sucking me $27.00/month.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fredolechti https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/overview click manage account and cancel account

Message 12 of 25
Employee

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately I am in the same (ineffective) loop. I just called the credit card company to cancel the charge.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 25
Contributor

I don't know my account number or password.  I only have my credit card bill and I need the charges to stop.  We do not use the streaming service.

Message 14 of 25
Contributor

I don't know my account number or password.  All I have is my credit card bill and I want the charges to stop.  We do not use this service.

Message 15 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support