Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV NOW: Roku Streaming Stick Offer

Highlighted
Community Support

DIRECTV NOW: Roku Streaming Stick Offer

Effective October 20, 2017, new DIRECTV NOW customers are eligible to receive a free Roku Streaming Stick when they prepay 1 month of DIRECTV NOW service.  

• Roku Streaming Stick retail value is $49.99.
  • This offer is available for new accounts only.
  • One free device per DIRECTV NOW account. 
  • Devices ship within 2-3 weeks of placing an order. 
  • If the device is damaged during shipping, customers contact Group O at 866-212-0389.
  • The offer may be combined with the AT&T Unlimited Plus/Unlimited Choice $25 credit.

Plus: Details of all current Roku supported devices are listed in our Help Center: Compatible Roku Streaming Devices.

For more information, visit help.directvnow.com

For more updates, follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 14
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by DIRECTVNOWCare
‎10-20-2017 8:54 AM

Re: DIRECTV NOW: Roku Streaming Stick Offer

Capture.JPG

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 14
Scholar

DTVN should fix the app on the Roku before promoting it more.   Just saying.   We existing Roku owners have been contacting chat and writing in here for over a month.

Message 3 of 14
Mentor

Amen to that! It's down right now as we speak! Can't even watch my Kentucky Wildcats play cause it's down! Getting frustrated!

Message 4 of 14
Contributor

If I sign up for DirecTV Now and this offer, will I receive the 2017 model 3800 Roku Streaming Stick (with voice search, TV power & volume controls on the Roku remote) or the old 2016 model 3600R?

Message 5 of 14

If it retails for $49.99 it's the new one (minus 4k) I bought one for $39.99 from the ROKU store last week on sale. Just as fast as the Premier + and controls the TV. Came with DTVN shortcut button.

Message 6 of 14
Professor

Message 7 of 14
ACE - Master

I really wish that Roku allowed you to reprogram those buttons on their own remotes - mine (straight from Roku) has shortcuts for Netflix, HBO Now (not Go), Sling, and Hulu.  At most 2 of those would ever be used - DTVN and HBO Go buttons would be nice...

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 14
Professor

Message 9 of 14
Contributor

We have Directv now for about 4 months and haven’t been able to watch it because our tv isn’t Roku ready! I seen where they are giving a Roku to new costumers  I think we are new since we haven’t used it at all! The Roku stick will fix our problem!  

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 10 of 14
Professor

Cancel then sign up again with a different email and you will be a new customer. 

Message 11 of 14
Contributor

The free roku streaming stick offer is a joke. I recieved my device and was excited to set it up only to find out that the device was defective. I spoke to 2 representatives and a supervisor at DTN's fulfillment center. The outcome was, basically, since it is a device issue there is nothing that DTN is willing to do. They will not replace it since it is not "damaged". I had already spoken with Roku while troubleshooting the device. They referred me to the place that I recieved it from for an exchange as Roku will not replace an item that I didn't purchase directly from them. DTN knows this and is full of garbage for offering free defective devices to coax you out of your cash then washing their rubbish stained hands after it's all said and done. I will be switching to Spectrum Streaming service when my month ends.

Message 12 of 14
ACE - Master

It's a brand new device still under warranty - if it is defective, Roku is responsible.  They can't just walk away because you didn't buy it from them - if you bought it from Walmart it would be the same.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 14
Contributor

Sounds easy enough but with what proof of purchase? There was no type of receipt that accompanied the shipment. Furthermore, it is very distasteful to receive a complementary item that simply doesn't work. The lack of concern from the company that sent it speaks to its integrity.

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support