Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV NOW Employee Discount Enrollment - Existing Service on husband's name

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Employee

DIRECTV NOW Employee Discount Enrollment - Existing Service on husband's name

I am an employee eligible for DIRECTV NOW employee discount. We currently have the service but it is registered on my husband's name (he is not an employee). Do we need to cancel first and sign in with my name or is it possible to apply discount on our existing service. If so, how?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: DIRECTV NOW Employee Discount Enrollment - Existing Service on husband's name

May be a question for the customer service rep. But if the current account is in his name then you will need to login under him.

You can always cancel and you create an account and apply your credit. I do not know how the employee discount works.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: DIRECTV NOW Employee Discount Enrollment - Existing Service on husband's name

I find it amusing (and a bit disturbing) how many ATT employees ask questions here that almost certainly no one here could answer (since they are about employee discounts or other "internal" things) or about things that they should know or have company resources to answer - rather than making use of the company resources that I would hope they have access to.  As I said in a similar case a while ago, it helps explain why various employees have so much trouble getting correct answers for customers, if they can't get them for themselves...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

I agree

Message 4 of 5
Tutor

Call AT&T Employee Customer Service at 877-377-9010.   I am sure you can first call AT&T Uverse residential support and have your name added on the account as an authorized user and your name will then appear in the address field of the bill (I am not the employee but domestic partner and they added me to it).     the customer service number can also place orders and changes to your account rather than try and fill out all the forms online.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support