Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT Uverse data cap and Direct TV

Teacher

ATT Uverse data cap and Direct TV

If streaming via wifi, and I have ATT Uverse for internet service, will streaming via wifi cound toward the 1T data cap? 

Message 1 of 9
Former Employee

Re: ATT Uverse data cap and Direct TV

Yes, Pablope, at this time, only mobile streaming does not count against your data cap.

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by chasmiller_dtv
‎12-08-2016 10:33 AM

Hey,

We offer sponsored data for streaming DIRECTV NOW from the app on a mobile device or tablet. We hope this helps!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9
Teacher

What is "sponsored data"?

Message 4 of 9
Teacher

Just to clarify, using the app on wifi using home internet (att uverse) will not count toward the 1T data cap? 

Message 5 of 9
Community Support

Hello,

You can find information on data usage in this help link for AT&T wireless subscribers with DIRECTV NOW.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pablope

It WILL count! Only using AT&T data won't count.

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

True.  AT&T Uverse Data cap STILL APPLIES to DTV Now content.  For me, this means that anything over 1024GB of usage is billed at $10/50GB.  For reference, DTV Now is using ~25GB-50GB/day with moderate usage.  If AT&T is going to charge for overages while using their app, might as well switch to a faster provider or ditch AT&T / DTV Now alltogether.  There are many comparable TV/Internet bundles out there for under $100 that come with unlimited usage.  I will be making the switch as soon as possible.

Message 8 of 9

Does AT&T have any plans to address this? Seems ridiculous that they wouldn't offer the same "free" streaming for DirecTV Now customers who also subscribe to AT&T home internet (U-verse).

I've been an AT&T customer for 10 years, I will not hesitate to drop them if they don't address this issue quickly.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support