Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 22, 2014
11:51:33 AM
View profile
Why does a show I'm already watching on my Kindle Fire suddenly go out and come up with a message that says I need to have the same Wi-Fi connection as my HD receiver?

Today I downloaded the app for Direct TV to my Kindle Fire. I was happily watching the ID channel when all of the sudden it stopped working and a message pops up saying I need to have the same Wi-Fi connection as my HD receiver. I can't get that program, again, so I turn off my Kindle Fire and start watching another ID show....exact same thing happens....really getting annoyed and would like to watch a whole program. How can I fix this or should I ask can this be fixed?

Today I downloaded the app for Direct TV to my Kindle Fire. I was happily watching the ID channel when all of the sudden it stopped working and a message pops up saying I need to have the same Wi-Fi connection as my HD receiver. I can't get that program, again, so I turn off my Kindle Fire and start watching another ID show....exact same thing happens....really getting annoyed and would like to watch a whole program. How can I fix this or should I ask can this be fixed?

Why does a show I'm already watching on my Kindle Fire suddenly go out and come up with a message that says I need to have the same Wi-Fi connection as my HD receiver?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2014 11:55:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Seriously, I look this up today and find that it has been 'assumed answered'. Not even one single reply from Direct TV maybe saying something like "we know this is a problem and we are looking into it. We care about our customers and want to provide the best service to them as possible."

I know perhaps Direct TV doesn't have an immediate answer for this but I would think perhaps if they wanted to keep customers that they would show a little initiative as to trying to solve a problem rather than just posting "assumed answered." Perhaps the technicians didn't go to a school and learn the old saying "assume makes an ass out of u and me."

I know I'm not the only one that has this problem as my post have been viewed 58 times.

Seriously, I look this up today and find that it has been 'assumed answered'. Not even one single reply from Direct TV maybe saying something like "we know this is a problem and we are looking into it. We care about our customers and want to provide the best service to them as possible."

I know perhaps Direct TV doesn't have an immediate answer for this but I would think perhaps if they wanted to keep customers that they would show a little initiative as to trying to solve a problem rather than just posting "assumed answered." Perhaps the technicians didn't go to a school and learn the old saying "assume makes an ass out of u and me."

I know I'm not the only one that has this problem as my post have been viewed 58 times.

Re: Why does a show I'm already watching on my Kindle Fire suddenly go out and come up with a message that says I need to have the same Wi-Fi connection as my HD receiver?

2 of 2 (34 Views)