Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 16, 2014
11:41:41 AM
View profile
Suddenly iPad doesn't recognize receiver?

Hi. Suddenly I am unable to connect my iPad to my receiver. The app was working great. I've removed & reinstalled the app. I am able to use the app on two other devices (same network & receiver).  I've tried search the forums, but haven't had any luck. Any help is appreciated.

Hi. Suddenly I am unable to connect my iPad to my receiver. The app was working great. I've removed & reinstalled the app. I am able to use the app on two other devices (same network & receiver).  I've tried search the forums, but haven't had any luck. Any help is appreciated.

Suddenly iPad doesn't recognize receiver?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 12:12:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model DVR/Receiver do you have?

Have you tried resetting the DVR/Receiver?

What model DVR/Receiver do you have?

Have you tried resetting the DVR/Receiver?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Suddenly iPad doesn't recognize receiver?

2 of 8 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 12:34:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi. Thank you for your help. I have a HR44/500. I've power cycled the receiver.

Hi. Thank you for your help. I have a HR44/500. I've power cycled the receiver.

3 of 8 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 12:48:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just did two things...not sure which worked, but I'm good now. I noticed my date & time were off on my iPad. I set it to configure automatically. I also power cycled the receiver a second time. I am able to use the app now. I do appreciate your help.

I just did two things...not sure which worked, but I'm good now. I noticed my date & time were off on my iPad. I set it to configure automatically. I also power cycled the receiver a second time. I am able to use the app now. I do appreciate your help.

4 of 8 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 1:41:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Good to hear. Enjoy!

Good to hear. Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 12:01:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I pulled my hair out over this.  The app works on phone, but not iPad.  Based upon the above, I simply changed from the set date to automatic.  Restarted the app and it works.  Returned to set date and app still works.

Thanks,

Eric & Gail

Hello everyone,

I pulled my hair out over this.  The app works on phone, but not iPad.  Based upon the above, I simply changed from the set date to automatic.  Restarted the app and it works.  Returned to set date and app still works.

Thanks,

Eric & Gail

6 of 8 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 9:45:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Had the same issue on the iPad. I turned the iPad off, pressed the red reset button on the receiver, when done, turned the iPad back on. Success! All streaming channels are back on the iPad.

Had the same issue on the iPad. I turned the iPad off, pressed the red reset button on the receiver, when done, turned the iPad back on. Success! All streaming channels are back on the iPad.

7 of 8 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2014 6:05:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Not for me I've tried resetting the receiver twice I've tried resetting the IP address  I get some channels but not the one that I had a few weeks ago I called direct 3 times and they keep telling me there working on an update. A friend of mind has the same set up and he's got no trouble can't figure what's going on ?

Not for me I've tried resetting the receiver twice I've tried resetting the IP address  I get some channels but not the one that I had a few weeks ago I called direct 3 times and they keep telling me there working on an update. A friend of mind has the same set up and he's got no trouble can't figure what's going on ?

8 of 8 (7 Views)