Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 20, 2014
1:00:27 PM
Problem installing DirecTV Player on Windows7

I get to the download page, click on the blue "Install DirecTV Player" click on the "run" for the application that pops up and it tells me that there are two items I need to install (both Adobe Flash items, one Player one plugin for IE). I click on "Install" and I get the following error:

An error occured while downloading the file http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.... . What would you like to do? Retry/Cancel

I have tried to type in that URL and indeed it doesn't exist. Could this be that Adobe has upgraded their version and this link doesn't work anymore? I've tried it in Chrome, I've tried it in IE, I've tried it in FF and I get the same answer every time. I've looked at the system requirements and my system meets all requirements.

Any thoughts?

- Becky

I get to the download page, click on the blue "Install DirecTV Player" click on the "run" for the application that pops up and it tells me that there are two items I need to install (both Adobe Flash items, one Player one plugin for IE). I click on "Install" and I get the following error:

An error occured while downloading the file http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe . What would you like to do? Retry/Cancel

I have tried to type in that URL and indeed it doesn't exist. Could this be that Adobe has upgraded their version and this link doesn't work anymore? I've tried it in Chrome, I've tried it in IE, I've tried it in FF and I get the same answer every time. I've looked at the system requirements and my system meets all requirements.

Any thoughts?

- Becky

Problem installing DirecTV Player on Windows7

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2014 4:32:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

try downloading the flash player separately

try downloading the flash player separately

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Problem installing DirecTV Player on Windows7

2 of 6 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2014 8:10:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

I should have said that before. I've done that twice. I think part of the problem might be that the version of the Flash player that I can find on the website is version 14. The version (according to the URL above) that DirecTV wants, is 11. I could find no "load previous versions" link anywhere on the Adobe website. I have tried installing version 14, but that didn't fix anything.

- Becky

I should have said that before. I've done that twice. I think part of the problem might be that the version of the Flash player that I can find on the website is version 14. The version (according to the URL above) that DirecTV wants, is 11. I could find no "load previous versions" link anywhere on the Adobe website. I have tried installing version 14, but that didn't fix anything.

- Becky

3 of 6 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 8:43:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

I got it working! Thanks for the idea of installing it directly. But it wasn't just the Flash Player I needed. It was the Flash Player for IE that I needed.. Get this ... even though I was using Chrome.

Oh, well. Life goes on.

Thanks guys!

- Becky

I got it working! Thanks for the idea of installing it directly. But it wasn't just the Flash Player I needed. It was the Flash Player for IE that I needed.. Get this ... even though I was using Chrome.

Oh, well. Life goes on.

Thanks guys!

- Becky

4 of 6 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 4:03:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome. Thanks for the update

Awesome. Thanks for the update

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2014 9:22:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

Becky is exactly right.  A specific version of Flash Player that says IE is required, no matter what browser you may use.  I use FireFox.

Go to this link and select your Operating System and then Select Flash for IE.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Enjoy.

- ed

Becky is exactly right.  A specific version of Flash Player that says IE is required, no matter what browser you may use.  I use FireFox.

Go to this link and select your Operating System and then Select Flash for IE.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Enjoy.

- ed

6 of 6 (671 Views)