Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2014
2:28:04 PM
View profile
On same network, but Live streaming acts like I am not

I can not watch the live streaming channels that require you to be connected to the same wireless network as your receiver. I am definitely connected to the same network The IP address are the same, and the app even says it's connected to my Living Room receiver. I can also utilize the remote control though the app. This just started 1 day ago (8-7-14). Any idea why I can use my app (iPhone and iPad) to act as a remote control, but when I try to watch live streaming it says I am not connected to the same network as my receiver?

I can not watch the live streaming channels that require you to be connected to the same wireless network as your receiver. I am definitely connected to the same network The IP address are the same, and the app even says it's connected to my Living Room receiver. I can also utilize the remote control though the app. This just started 1 day ago (8-7-14). Any idea why I can use my app (iPhone and iPad) to act as a remote control, but when I try to watch live streaming it says I am not connected to the same network as my receiver?

On same network, but Live streaming acts like I am not

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 8:13:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having the same problem.  Some channels stream live (HGTV, DIY, Food, Univision, for example), but most don't.  Spent about 45 minutes with tech help who confirmed all settings were correct.  She was going to escalate higher in tech support and said I would be contacted in 48 hours.  Not holding my breath...

I'm having the same problem.  Some channels stream live (HGTV, DIY, Food, Univision, for example), but most don't.  Spent about 45 minutes with tech help who confirmed all settings were correct.  She was going to escalate higher in tech support and said I would be contacted in 48 hours.  Not holding my breath...

Re: On same network, but Live streaming acts like I am not

2 of 4 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 10:44:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I finally got mine to work. I don't know if I did it, or if it resolved on it's on. The last thing I did before it started working was to completely unplug my Direct TV receiver. I didn't reset or refresh it. I completely unplugged it from the wall. This got it working for me, although, that could have just been a coincidence. Hopefully you get yours working.

Thanks for the reply. I finally got mine to work. I don't know if I did it, or if it resolved on it's on. The last thing I did before it started working was to completely unplug my Direct TV receiver. I didn't reset or refresh it. I completely unplugged it from the wall. This got it working for me, although, that could have just been a coincidence. Hopefully you get yours working.

3 of 4 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 9:27:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

Turned the iPad off, pressed the red reset button on the receiver, once done, turned the iPad on. Success! All streaming channels are back on the iPad.

Turned the iPad off, pressed the red reset button on the receiver, once done, turned the iPad on. Success! All streaming channels are back on the iPad.

4 of 4 (115 Views)