Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 20, 2012
6:27:32 AM
View profile
Movies will not fully download on PC

I installed the direct TV player  on my PC (Win 7 64 bit) and am having a recurring problem.

when I chose to watch a movie the download will get to 85 percent and just hang.

Twice I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software and it will work a day are two and then the same thing will happen.

has anyone else had this problem and any idea what might be causing it?

Barry

I installed the direct TV player  on my PC (Win 7 64 bit) and am having a recurring problem.

when I chose to watch a movie the download will get to 85 percent and just hang.

Twice I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software and it will work a day are two and then the same thing will happen.

has anyone else had this problem and any idea what might be causing it?

Barry

Movies will not fully download on PC

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 7:31:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

you might want to post this in the Directv2pc forum.

you might want to post this in the Directv2pc forum.

Re: Movies will not fully download on PC

2 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 12:15:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Its not the Directv2pc.Its the direct TV player for watching online.

Barry

Its not the Directv2pc.Its the direct TV player for watching online.

Barry

3 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 3:07:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have the exact same issue. Also running Win 7, 64 bit. Buffers til 85% and sits there.

Using Firefox 17.0.1

I have the exact same issue. Also running Win 7, 64 bit. Buffers til 85% and sits there.

Using Firefox 17.0.1

4 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2012 6:29:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem. I have ensured used of compatibility mode in IE9, reinstalled the viewer, empied the cashe etc. Nothing appears to work, including technical support from Directtv. I suspect that there may be a copatibilityp problem with IE9

I have the same problem. I have ensured used of compatibility mode in IE9, reinstalled the viewer, empied the cashe etc. Nothing appears to work, including technical support from Directtv. I suspect that there may be a copatibilityp problem with IE9

5 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2013 6:36:45 AM
(0)
Scholar

Copied this from the compatibility page:

Computer:
A PC running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, with any of the following web browsers:

• Firefox 3.5 or above
  • Internet Explorer 8 or above (32-bit).
    Please note:DIRECTV video streaming does not work on any 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.
  • Safari 4 or above
  • Please note:Chrome is currently not fully supported. We recommend using one of the other browsers.

So you can't use it on any 64 bit Internet Explorer. You will have to use the 32 bit version.

According to this, Firefox should work.

Copied this from the compatibility page:

Computer:
A PC running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, with any of the following web browsers:

• Firefox 3.5 or above
  • Internet Explorer 8 or above (32-bit).
    Please note:DIRECTV video streaming does not work on any 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.
  • Safari 4 or above
  • Please note:Chrome is currently not fully supported. We recommend using one of the other browsers.

So you can't use it on any 64 bit Internet Explorer. You will have to use the 32 bit version.

According to this, Firefox should work.

6 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 5:53:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

I realize this is an old post, but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I am having the same issue as above, except I am running Mac OS X 10.8.5.  It tells me that the player is installed, even though I can't seem to find it.  And the movie begins loading, but as soon as it hits 85%, it freezes.  Every time.  Surely someone has figured out the solution to this problem.

I realize this is an old post, but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I am having the same issue as above, except I am running Mac OS X 10.8.5.  It tells me that the player is installed, even though I can't seem to find it.  And the movie begins loading, but as soon as it hits 85%, it freezes.  Every time.  Surely someone has figured out the solution to this problem.

7 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 5:56:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Check for any activate firewalls and then them off, at least as a test

Check for any activate firewalls and then them off, at least as a test

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 3:09:19 AM
(0)
Tutor

Unfortunately, I have already tried turning on and off the firewall.

Unfortunately, I have already tried turning on and off the firewall.

9 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 4:51:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This is 100% a configuration issue on your end. Check for anti viruses

This is 100% a configuration issue on your end. Check for anti viruses

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 8:13:26 AM
(0)
Expert

I echo Peds comment.  This all has to do with the configuration on your computer.  I just ran a small portion of Hannah and Her Sisters to make sure the system was working properly.

I echo Peds comment.  This all has to do with the configuration on your computer.  I just ran a small portion of Hannah and Her Sisters to make sure the system was working properly.

11 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 5:23:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

You're probably right, but I need to know how to fix it.  I have googled this issue and other people have had the exact same problem- loading only to 85%.  Exactly.  Then freezing.  So I'm hoping that one of those people figured out how to fix it.  :smileyconfused:

You're probably right, but I need to know how to fix it.  I have googled this issue and other people have had the exact same problem- loading only to 85%.  Exactly.  Then freezing.  So I'm hoping that one of those people figured out how to fix it.  :smileyconfused:

12 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 5:26:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

As I said, check any firewalls, anti-virus software and the like. uninstall them temporarily if you have to

As I said, check any firewalls, anti-virus software and the like. uninstall them temporarily if you have to

13 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 6:06:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have turned firewalls on, turned firewalls off.  I have reinstalled adobe flash.  I have tried with Safari, and tried with Firefox.  The weirdest thing is that it tells me that I have the direct tv player installed, and the movie partially loads, but when search my computer for the file, I cannot find it.

I have turned firewalls on, turned firewalls off.  I have reinstalled adobe flash.  I have tried with Safari, and tried with Firefox.  The weirdest thing is that it tells me that I have the direct tv player installed, and the movie partially loads, but when search my computer for the file, I cannot find it.

14 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 7:46:30 AM
(0)
Expert

I don't think you'll ever find the recording on your computer as the programs are streamed.  The "loading " rotator you see is the configuration and buffer loading.  Because your posts basicall say the download failed at 85%, I'm not clear as to what you are doing, so maybe you try this and see where it fails:

1. open www.directv.com and sign in to your account.
2. Click movie/top movies to watch online/all

3. Scroll down to the movie 10 Years and select it to watch.

Note that most of the movies listed that are not PPV originate on premium channels and you will not be able to watch those unless you subscribe to the underlying channel.  For testing purposes you are further ahead to use the "Guide" to stream a TV program.

I don't think you'll ever find the recording on your computer as the programs are streamed.  The "loading " rotator you see is the configuration and buffer loading.  Because your posts basicall say the download failed at 85%, I'm not clear as to what you are doing, so maybe you try this and see where it fails:

1. open www.directv.com and sign in to your account.
2. Click movie/top movies to watch online/all

3. Scroll down to the movie 10 Years and select it to watch.

Note that most of the movies listed that are not PPV originate on premium channels and you will not be able to watch those unless you subscribe to the underlying channel.  For testing purposes you are further ahead to use the "Guide" to stream a TV program.

15 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2014 6:47:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same issue with incomplete loading of videos.  It stops at 85% and freezes.  funny thing is that it works fine for days or weeks, then stubbornly will freeze at 85% loading for a day or two or three. i find that repeated tries of reloading the video will sometimes correct the issue, but for now the users are at the mercy of the loading wizard.  please directv fix this as it appears to be a chronic and ongoing problem. i would expect you to have this diagnosed and corrected by now; this is your forum after all.  don't we have any directv professionals surveying these forums and fixing problems?  step up directv, where you at?

I have the same issue with incomplete loading of videos.  It stops at 85% and freezes.  funny thing is that it works fine for days or weeks, then stubbornly will freeze at 85% loading for a day or two or three. i find that repeated tries of reloading the video will sometimes correct the issue, but for now the users are at the mercy of the loading wizard.  please directv fix this as it appears to be a chronic and ongoing problem. i would expect you to have this diagnosed and corrected by now; this is your forum after all.  don't we have any directv professionals surveying these forums and fixing problems?  step up directv, where you at?

16 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2014 6:57:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

a.smelko@comcast.net wrote:

don't we have any directv professionals surveying these forums and fixing problems?  step up directv, where you at?

DirecTV does not monitor these forums.  Best to e-mail your feedback as they won't see it here.

a.smelko@comcast.net wrote:

don't we have any directv professionals surveying these forums and fixing problems?  step up directv, where you at?

DirecTV does not monitor these forums.  Best to e-mail your feedback as they won't see it here.

17 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2014 6:33:25 AM
(0)
Expert

On my PC, the stopping at 85% was due to the latest player not being installed.  There was a pop up message offering the latest update and I selected download, closed the browser and installed the new player.  Viola, the same program (HBO) that was stopping at the 85% level now plays just fine.

If you do not see the pop up on the Directv website perhaps you have a pop up blocker running on your browser that is preventing it.

On my PC, the stopping at 85% was due to the latest player not being installed.  There was a pop up message offering the latest update and I selected download, closed the browser and installed the new player.  Viola, the same program (HBO) that was stopping at the 85% level now plays just fine.

If you do not see the pop up on the Directv website perhaps you have a pop up blocker running on your browser that is preventing it.

18 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2014 5:23:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had this same problem. Chrome and Firefox, most recent versions, did not work for me. Loading would hang at 85. I have the most recent version of everything. IE9 does work for me.

I had this same problem. Chrome and Firefox, most recent versions, did not work for me. Loading would hang at 85. I have the most recent version of everything. IE9 does work for me.

19 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2015 11:35:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

Attention please: If you do not know the answer,please DO NOT reply and guess...thanks you

Attention please: If you do not know the answer,please DO NOT reply and guess...thanks you

20 of 21 (75 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2015 2:09:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Huh?  You're responding to a thread that's been inactive for nearly a year.  If you're having similar issues, it's best to start your own new thread with specific details about your equipment and symptoms.   

Huh?  You're responding to a thread that's been inactive for nearly a year.  If you're having similar issues, it's best to start your own new thread with specific details about your equipment and symptoms.   

21 of 21 (75 Views)