Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 1, 2014
7:46:03 AM
View profile
Limited channels live stream on ipad

Used to get a large number of channels to live stream on ipad app but now only get about 15. All the other channels that show up under live stream, 50+, only have option to record. Did something change, did we lose functionality or do I need to update something?

Used to get a large number of channels to live stream on ipad app but now only get about 15. All the other channels that show up under live stream, 50+, only have option to record. Did something change, did we lose functionality or do I need to update something?

Limited channels live stream on ipad

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2014 8:35:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem, most channels aren't available for live streaming anymore, but some channels still are.  If I try to stream one of the channels at the bottom of the list, it tells me I must be connected to the same network as receiver, which I am.

I have the same problem, most channels aren't available for live streaming anymore, but some channels still are.  If I try to stream one of the channels at the bottom of the list, it tells me I must be connected to the same network as receiver, which I am.

Re: Limited channels live stream on ipad

2 of 5 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 8:16:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Same thing happened to me.  Spent a while with tech support that confirmed that all settings are correct.  I get a few channels on the iPad, but not all the ones I previously got.  Tech support said it would escalate higher up their chain and that I would be contacted in 48 hours.  Not holding my breath...

Same thing happened to me.  Spent a while with tech support that confirmed that all settings are correct.  I get a few channels on the iPad, but not all the ones I previously got.  Tech support said it would escalate higher up their chain and that I would be contacted in 48 hours.  Not holding my breath...

3 of 5 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 8:38:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

Lo and behold, last week all of my streaming channels were available and started working. I changed nothing so DTV must have done something.

Lo and behold, last week all of my streaming channels were available and started working. I changed nothing so DTV must have done something.

4 of 5 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 9:37:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

I turned the iPad off, pressed the red button on the receiver for a reset, turned the iPad on. Success! All streaming channels are back on the iPad.

I turned the iPad off, pressed the red button on the receiver for a reset, turned the iPad on. Success! All streaming channels are back on the iPad.

5 of 5 (38 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments