Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jun 5, 2014
6:39:15 AM
GenieGo keeps forgetting that home network WAS set up!

I set up GenieGo for out of home access and tested it repeatedly bu turning off the Wifi on my tablet and phone and connecting over my Verizon 4g network. Everything worked fine. The minute I left home, the iPad could no longer access my playlist. My Galaxy phone could  - but only for a few days - and then I get the error message that I have to be on my network to access the playlist. I get the message "No connected receivers found" where the playlist should be...  What's is happening???

I set up GenieGo for out of home access and tested it repeatedly bu turning off the Wifi on my tablet and phone and connecting over my Verizon 4g network. Everything worked fine. The minute I left home, the iPad could no longer access my playlist. My Galaxy phone could  - but only for a few days - and then I get the error message that I have to be on my network to access the playlist. I get the message "No connected receivers found" where the playlist should be...  What's is happening???

GenieGo keeps forgetting that home network WAS set up!

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 6:47:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The iPad is not forgetting. Android GenieGo app works both on cell and Wifi while iOS only works while on WiFI, it will not work on cell

The iPad is not forgetting. Android GenieGo app works both on cell and Wifi while iOS only works while on WiFI, it will not work on cell

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GenieGo keeps forgetting that home network WAS set up!

2 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 6:52:19 AM
(0)
Tutor

My iPad does work on a cell network I have one of those hotspots that I can

attach to 4G.

And on my android Samsung galaxy for it couldn't connect to genie go also

after a couple of days

My iPad does work on a cell network I have one of those hotspots that I can

attach to 4G.

And on my android Samsung galaxy for it couldn't connect to genie go also

after a couple of days

3 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 7:00:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

a hotspot is considered WiFi. 

a hotspot is considered WiFi. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 9:03:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Your iPad may work fine on the cellular network, but the DirecTV App on Apple devices won't let you stream out-of-home using a cellular network, only WiFi.   The Android-based app does allow this.  Not sure why there's a difference.

Your iPad may work fine on the cellular network, but the DirecTV App on Apple devices won't let you stream out-of-home using a cellular network, only WiFi.   The Android-based app does allow this.  Not sure why there's a difference.

5 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 9:15:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

I received, on both the phone and iPad, the message "COngratulations you

are now set up for out of home access". But - I'm out of home, and neither

work, either on cell or WiFi

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM, peds48 <directv-admin@forums.directv.com>

I received, on both the phone and iPad, the message "COngratulations you

are now set up for out of home access". But - I'm out of home, and neither

work, either on cell or WiFi

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM, peds48 <directv-admin@forums.directv.com>

6 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 9:23:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

It should work via a WiFi hotspot, unless that hotspot is limiting access to certain services, like video streaming.  Have you tried other WiFi networks outside your home network?  And it's working fine within your home network, right?

It should work via a WiFi hotspot, unless that hotspot is limiting access to certain services, like video streaming.  Have you tried other WiFi networks outside your home network?  And it's working fine within your home network, right?

7 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 1:44:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, they both work on my home network. Once I leave my house, the iPad doesn't work, and the Galaxy only worked for a short period of time.

Yes, they both work on my home network. Once I leave my house, the iPad doesn't work, and the Galaxy only worked for a short period of time.

8 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 6:50:22 AM
(0)
Scholar

It only allows you to view certain content away from your IP address.

It only allows you to view certain content away from your IP address.

9 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2014 9:14:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

Are you sure you are using the GENIE Go App for you iPad and phone and Not the Directv App?

They are two different Apps.

Are you sure you are using the GENIE Go App for you iPad and phone and Not the Directv App?

They are two different Apps.

10 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2014 9:25:42 AM
(0)
Teacher

To access your DVR(s) outside of your home network you need to use the GENIEGo app. I'm betting you have not installed the GenieGo App.

To access your DVR(s) outside of your home network you need to use the GENIEGo app. I'm betting you have not installed the GenieGo App.

11 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2014 11:43:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The GenieGo function is built in the DirecTV app for iPad.  for the iPhones, a separate app is needed.

The GenieGo function is built in the DirecTV app for iPad.  for the iPhones, a separate app is needed.

12 of 13 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2014 6:32:48 AM
(0)
Teacher

OK. That's nice.

Perry. Via iPhone -

OK. That's nice.

Perry. Via iPhone -

13 of 13 (3 Views)