Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 24, 2014
10:21:51 AM
Directv Everywhere live streaming of wifi (in home) channels does not work on computer.

My HDDVR receiver HR 24-500 is connected to the internet and to my wifi network.  I am able to control the DVR and stream live tv (both in home and away from home channels) using both my iPad and iPhone apps.   I am unable to stream wifi at home channels  on my computer using any browser - Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome.  I keep receiving the message that the receiver and my device must be on the same network which they clearly are.  I have tried using both iMac and MacBookPro computers.

I posted this problem 5 months ago and was finally able to get it fixed.  All has been well until my DVR had a software update in the middle of the night on July 1.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

Polly

My HDDVR receiver HR 24-500 is connected to the internet and to my wifi network.  I am able to control the DVR and stream live tv (both in home and away from home channels) using both my iPad and iPhone apps.   I am unable to stream wifi at home channels  on my computer using any browser - Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome.  I keep receiving the message that the receiver and my device must be on the same network which they clearly are.  I have tried using both iMac and MacBookPro computers.

I posted this problem 5 months ago and was finally able to get it fixed.  All has been well until my DVR had a software update in the middle of the night on July 1.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

Polly

Directv Everywhere live streaming of wifi (in home) channels does not work on computer.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2014 12:55:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

Your problem likely is the same as the one that I reported with the iOS Directv app.  Several people have reported the same problem that I have but others have also mentioned the sudden lack of access via the browser as well.  Check out my discussion at

Your problem likely is the same as the one that I reported with the iOS Directv app.  Several people have reported the same problem that I have but others have also mentioned the sudden lack of access via the browser as well.  Check out my discussion at

Re: Directv Everywhere live streaming of wifi (in home) channels does not work on computer.

2 of 5 (119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2014 2:44:34 PM
(0)
Employee

FWIW, I just tried a few shows and different channels on my iPad and everything is working flawlessly

FWIW, I just tried a few shows and different channels on my iPad and everything is working flawlessly

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Directv Everywhere live streaming of wifi (in home) channels does not work on computer.

3 of 5 (119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2014 5:04:49 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks! I had read your thread about the IPad issues, but the strange thing is my IPad and iPhone apps both work fine. I can't imagine what is going on.

Thank you for your info.

Thanks! I had read your thread about the IPad issues, but the strange thing is my IPad and iPhone apps both work fine. I can't imagine what is going on.

Thank you for your info.

4 of 5 (119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 2:38:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks for the info.  I earlier stated that both my iPad and iPhone worked fine; however, they no longer work for WIFI in home streaming.  My computers still do not stream live at home channels either.

All devices stream the out of home channels.

Thanks for the info.  I earlier stated that both my iPad and iPhone worked fine; however, they no longer work for WIFI in home streaming.  My computers still do not stream live at home channels either.

All devices stream the out of home channels.

5 of 5 (119 Views)