Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Mar 29, 2013
6:20:49 PM
View profile
DirecTV iPhone App - Choppy audio/video with Airplay/Mirroring to ATV

I was happy to hear DirecTV activated Airplay and updated to 4.2.3. However, I am experiencing choppy audio/video when using airplay to my ATV from my iPhone 4S. THe video plays as expected on the iPhone so the problem is definitely between the iPhone & ATV. I noticed DTV is using Mirroring rather than true Airplay like HBOGo (video is displayed on the iPhone in the DTV App where as there is no video displayed in the HBOGo App). I have no such issues with HBOGo App, YouTube or anything else streaming to my ATV via AirPlay. I deleted and reinstalled the DTV APP but the choppiness remains. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Also, I noticed Live TV from the DirecTV App is still blocked from Airplay/mirroring? WTH? 

I was happy to hear DirecTV activated Airplay and updated to 4.2.3. However, I am experiencing choppy audio/video when using airplay to my ATV from my iPhone 4S. THe video plays as expected on the iPhone so the problem is definitely between the iPhone & ATV. I noticed DTV is using Mirroring rather than true Airplay like HBOGo (video is displayed on the iPhone in the DTV App where as there is no video displayed in the HBOGo App). I have no such issues with HBOGo App, YouTube or anything else streaming to my ATV via AirPlay. I deleted and reinstalled the DTV APP but the choppiness remains. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Also, I noticed Live TV from the DirecTV App is still blocked from Airplay/mirroring? WTH? 

DirecTV iPhone App - Choppy audio/video with Airplay/Mirroring to ATV

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2013 4:34:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Obviously there is something wrong in your set up.  I just tried it with my iPhone 5 and it plays flawlessly.  

I noticed Live TV from the DirecTV App is still blocked from Airplay/mirroring?

Only DirecTV knows, but my guess is a contractual issue

Obviously there is something wrong in your set up.  I just tried it with my iPhone 5 and it plays flawlessly.  

I noticed Live TV from the DirecTV App is still blocked from Airplay/mirroring?

Only DirecTV knows, but my guess is a contractual issue

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DirecTV iPhone App - Choppy audio/video with Airplay/Mirroring to ATV

2 of 4 (23 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2013 11:08:50 PM
(0)
Mentor
Setup is okay. Might be the 4S but I doubt it since everything else works as expected.
Setup is okay. Might be the 4S but I doubt it since everything else works as expected.

3 of 4 (23 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 1:29:31 PM
(0)
Mentor

Well, now I have a 5S and the DirecTV app does the same thing. Other airplay apps work perfectly. I'm experiencing the same jerkiness on 2 wifi networks (2 residences) so it's the app, sorry to say.

Well, now I have a 5S and the DirecTV app does the same thing. Other airplay apps work perfectly. I'm experiencing the same jerkiness on 2 wifi networks (2 residences) so it's the app, sorry to say.

4 of 4 (23 Views)