Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 21, 2014
9:25:13 AM
Your stream has been interrupted

On Friday I upgraded my H25-500 DVR to the Genie HR44-500.  Since the upgrade to the Genie, I am not able to stream my videos from my computer using either Serviio or TvShare.  I was able to prior to this with no issues, ever.  Since the upgrade, a video will start, and then give the message "Your Stream has been interrupted."  Any ideas what this issue is and how to fix it?  - Thanks.

On Friday I upgraded my H25-500 DVR to the Genie HR44-500.  Since the upgrade to the Genie, I am not able to stream my videos from my computer using either Serviio or TvShare.  I was able to prior to this with no issues, ever.  Since the upgrade, a video will start, and then give the message "Your Stream has been interrupted."  Any ideas what this issue is and how to fix it?  - Thanks.

Your stream has been interrupted

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 10:43:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How is your HR44 connected to the net?

How is your HR44 connected to the net?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Your stream has been interrupted

2 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 11:43:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

And what was the model of your previous DVR?  The H25 is not a DVR.

And what was the model of your previous DVR?  The H25 is not a DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 12:36:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry that was a type-o.  My previous DVR was the HR24-500.  I have 4 other HR24 (Non dvr) in the bedrooms.  All rooms used to be able to stream, however now they all get that streaming error.  My current Genie is connected wirelessly to my Asus RT-N66U router.  The router also used to have DECA adapter plugged into it with the HR24-500, but the installation guy said that was no longer needed.  All my tv's/direct tv boxes can see my videos, but none of them play to competition any more.

Sorry that was a type-o.  My previous DVR was the HR24-500.  I have 4 other HR24 (Non dvr) in the bedrooms.  All rooms used to be able to stream, however now they all get that streaming error.  My current Genie is connected wirelessly to my Asus RT-N66U router.  The router also used to have DECA adapter plugged into it with the HR24-500, but the installation guy said that was no longer needed.  All my tv's/direct tv boxes can see my videos, but none of them play to competition any more.

4 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 12:41:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you might want to call DirecTV to have them come back and install the DECA BB at your router

you might want to call DirecTV to have them come back and install the DECA BB at your router

5 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 5:21:59 AM
(0)
Expert

Note that you have the wrong model numbers on the non DVR's (the HR24 is a DVR, the model number is printed inside the card door).  With 4 receivers plus the Genie you have 9 tuners which requires a SWM16 Multiswitch.  If Directv installed your Genie they should have installed one.  If the Genie was a self install then you may need to get Directv out and install the SWM16.  Your system will not work correctly without it.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=KIT-SWM-16&ss=113599

Note that you have the wrong model numbers on the non DVR's (the HR24 is a DVR, the model number is printed inside the card door).  With 4 receivers plus the Genie you have 9 tuners which requires a SWM16 Multiswitch.  If Directv installed your Genie they should have installed one.  If the Genie was a self install then you may need to get Directv out and install the SWM16.  Your system will not work correctly without it.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=KIT-SWM-16&ss=113599

6 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 5:41:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

A Directv service guy did install the equipment.  What I have right now is a Genie HR44-500 that replaced my HR24-500.  In the bedrooms I have H25-500.  I also had the DECA box plugged directly into my router with the HR24-500 but when the service tech installed the Genie HR44-500 he said that was no longer necessary and disconnected it.  Someone else mentioned I should have Directv come back out and install the DECA box again.  If that will for sure fix the problem, I will have them come back out, I just dont want to schedule more time off work and this doesnt even fix the problem.

A Directv service guy did install the equipment.  What I have right now is a Genie HR44-500 that replaced my HR24-500.  In the bedrooms I have H25-500.  I also had the DECA box plugged directly into my router with the HR24-500 but when the service tech installed the Genie HR44-500 he said that was no longer necessary and disconnected it.  Someone else mentioned I should have Directv come back out and install the DECA box again.  If that will for sure fix the problem, I will have them come back out, I just dont want to schedule more time off work and this doesnt even fix the problem.

7 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 8:50:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

A wired network is by far more realiable than a wireless connection.  A DECA BB adapter will make a wired more stable connection.  Not sure this is your problem but is a good start 

A wired network is by far more realiable than a wireless connection.  A DECA BB adapter will make a wired more stable connection.  Not sure this is your problem but is a good start 

8 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 7:03:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

It appears that having the DECA BB adapter re-installed has fixed the issue.  I have not had the issue for 2 days now, so crossing fingers thats all it was.  Thanks so much for the info peds48!

It appears that having the DECA BB adapter re-installed has fixed the issue.  I have not had the issue for 2 days now, so crossing fingers thats all it was.  Thanks so much for the info peds48!

9 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 8:26:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update 

Awesome.  Thanks for the update 

10 of 10 (6 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments